Author Topic: James Downing RUNNALLS  (Read 6215 times)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: James Downing RUNNALLS
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 November 06 18:32 GMT (UK) »
Found one Bastardy Bond c. 1761 oolcock and Runnalls
 Bastardy Bonds

FILE - Child of Grace Woolcock of Luxulyan - ref.  P130/16a/21  - date: 13 Mar (1767?)
         [from Scope and Content] Father: Wm. Runnalls of Lanhydrock, miller
         [from Scope and Content] Surety: Jn. Runnalls (sen.) of Symonward (St. Breward), blacksmith
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 November 06 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I have had a quick look at the A2A website and Found Henry Woolcock Runnalls Will. Very interesting.
Also I thought I had found James Downing Runnalls as this is what I found

Records of the Archdeaconry Court

Adultery and fornication

FILE  [no title] - ref.  ARD/151/123  - date: (1819)
          [from Scope and Content] Articles agst. James RUNNALLS, Cordwainer of Bodmin (fornication with Mary wife John HARRIS, Cordwainer of Bodmin

but realised it is not the right year. We might be on the right track though.

Woodford, Runnalls, Wakefield, Clarke, Smith, Houghton, Nash. Leicester, Billesdon, Tillingham Essex, Bethnel Green

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 November 06 21:13 GMT (UK) »
Yes that was what I had posted above now realize the links don't work :-[

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 November 06 22:19 GMT (UK) »
No the link didn't work for me either, but it is worth searching further on that site
Woodford, Runnalls, Wakefield, Clarke, Smith, Houghton, Nash. Leicester, Billesdon, Tillingham Essex, Bethnel Green

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 November 06 22:21 GMT (UK) »
http://www.familysearch.orgmarr
Elizabeth Curnow Kelynack/ Simon Downing
18 JAN 1846 Paul, Cornwall, England
Think I have lost the plot going to bed now but having found this thought you might make something of it. :-\

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 03 November 06 23:05 GMT (UK) »
Yes it is getting late over there, it is only 5pm here. If I work on research any later than 7pm I dream of all the people and then can't sleep.
Tomorrow is another day :)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 04 November 06 07:55 GMT (UK) »
You sound just like me, I dream of all the people and can you believe it I search for them in my sleep .......... I've got it bad. ???
Quite excited about my last find
Elizabeth Curnow Kelynack/ Simon Downing
18 JAN 1846 Paul, Cornwall, England
If Elizabeth Curnow Kelynack was a sibling to the great uncles on 71 and 81 census and now marr. to Simon Downing and they have a daughter ......... ? Downing who has a child  with ( James Runnalls ) and they don't marry but the child is named James Downing Runnalls the relationship would be great uncle or he would be their great nephew a bit muddled and a lot of ifs and buts ........ but it could be.
Off to work now but will be checking out the census and IGI when I get home. I hope you can follow my ramblings/ :)

Offline Rabid dog

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 04 November 06 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Yes I follow your theory, I have been working on the same lines trying to link the Downings and Kelynacks. I have found in the IGI Kelynack-Downings going back to 1811 and working my way up.
Stephen Downing B 1778 and Mary Kelynack B 1780 married in1807.They had children

1) Phillis Kelynack Downing B1811 who married William H Badcock.

2) Stephen Kelynack Downing B 1809 No spouse as yet

Henry Downing B 1824 married Charlotte Kelynack Downing 1849
Not sure if Stephen and Mary  are his parents as his birth is 14 years after Phillis, but the IGI did say his father was stephen. Anyway Henry and Charlotte had a daughter Charlotte Mary B 1852 and a daughter Mary B 1850. not found any spouses for them yet.
This is how far I have got at the moment. Next I will try and link Simon Downing and Elizabeth Curnow into the family.

It is really like starting another family tree and linking the two trees together. As you say there are alot of if's and but's here.

I also read this article on birth certificates
Birth Certificates
Births weren't always registered. That only first became necessary on July 1st 1837, when it was decreed that every subsequent birth, marriage and death in England or Wales had to be registered by the state. With births, the event would be registered in the district where the child was born, and at the end of each quarter, the registrar would send a copy of all the entries to the Registrar General. That means there should be two entries - one local, one national - for every birth since 1837. However, registering all three events didn't become compulsory until 1875. When it was introduced, the cost of a copy certificate was two shillings and sixpence (30p), one shilling (5p) of which went to the registrar and the fee stayed the same until 1952.

This means that tracing births back to 1875 is relatively straightforward. Between 1837-1875 it might prove a bit harder, as some didn't register, or even gave false names for a number of reasons - to hide the true age of a child so it could be sent out to work, or, after 1853, because parents wanted to avoid the compulsory vaccination of children at three months old, which was introduced that year. Until 1875 there was no penalty for parents who didn't register a birth, and then a £2 fine was introduced.

http://www.exploregenealogy.co.uk/BirthCertificates.cfm

Also an excert from another article

In fact, over the next hundred years, the General Register Office
made remarkably few changes. Here are three examples of the minute
changes it did make: (1) it changed from handwritten to printed
indexes, (2) registration became obligatory in 1875), and (3) a
mother, when reporting an illegitimate birth, could not name the
father; he had to be present and consent to his name being entered

James Downing Runnalls birth might not have even been registered as it was before 1875 the year it became compulsory.

Well I am going to get back to some more research