Author Topic: Marriage ? in Coldstream abt 1826  (Read 6322 times)

Offline Ozjobri

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage ? in Coldstream abt 1826
« Reply #9 on: Friday 10 November 06 06:05 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks Gadget & Elizabeth,
   Nice to see the local church when you are so far away . Better than Leeds where I originally came from !!
             Jose

Offline suefox

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 06 March 07 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Ozjobri

you are not going to believe this but I have looked on this site for the first time ever and saw your recent messages. I too have been looking for Catharine Hay  as she was my GGG grandmother. I have been tracing the John Moody line back from my father (John Moody) and got back as far as Catherine and John quite quickly but am stuck tracing Catharine at the moment.

I simply could not believe that I have come across a distant relation just like that. I would absolutely love to hear which part of the family tree you have traced. By the way I live in Sheffield but my GG grandfather (Robert Moody) was born in Kyloe in 1840 to John and Catharine.
I won't go on too much at the moment as I am still in shock to find your message - it almost feels like someone has guided me to this site!!! (Which I found through Scotland's people) Incidentally I have found a Catharine Hay born near to Coldstream in 1809 but have still to check this out.

I do hope to hear from you.  :)
Sue

Offline Ozjobri

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 05:53 GMT (UK) »
Dear Suefox,
Ive been away in Tasmania & Victoria just arrived home !!Tomorrow I will let you know MY relationship via CH through  her son Franciscus b 1827.My GGF Francis Thomas.I am also in touch with more of the family in UK in Hartlepool. I will go on your personal line & if you want to give me your email address I will give you mine .  I have so much to exchange with you it will take a clearer mind than I have today . We have travelled about 800kms from 6am !!!
    Jose
Ps This is fascinating isnt it ?

Offline JAP

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 21 March 07 06:57 GMT (UK) »
Jose,

You might wish to look at the following thread:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,221535.msg1160434.html#msg1160434

JAP

Offline Grandies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 06 October 14 03:01 BST (UK) »
Hello Sue,
I know this is a very old thread, but hope you are still searching?
I searched for the Hay / Moody marriage, no luck so far and wonder if you were successful?
I did get a reply to a recent enquiry regarding a Birth record for Catharine Hay at Gordon, about  14 miles from Coldstream in 1809, and I am exploring that.
I recently found baptisms for Moody children at Haggerston Castle RC chapel, on ancestry. Downloadable images, which is great when I am researching from Australia.
I recently found John Moody's baptism, also at Haggerston Castle RC chapel in 1801.
Let me know if you would like more info.
I am very interested in the newspaper cutting you mentioned in this thread : http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=239451.msg1296949#msg1296949

Is it available online?
My husbands line comes through John and Catherine's daughter Catherine (1838) who married John Tait.

Hope to hear from you. Regards,
Eileen
Tait, Scullion, Taaffe

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 13 October 14 11:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Eileen,

I am very sorry to say that Sue's emails are no longer working  :'( I have searched online but could not find any further way of contacting Sue for you.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk