Offline deafkat

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
Cove.
« on: Monday 06 November 06 12:51 GMT (UK) »
Hi helpers

Alfred Henry Cove came to Canada in 1870 and his records on Canada census was in 1871 Ontario  and I would like to know if anyone can find how many people living in his house at the time..

wife Ann Lucy

Children... son Albert?  dau. Annie?  dau. Bessie or not?  son born in Canada or not? 1872 /73 Alfred Henry

the family moved back to UK later and their dau. Emily Rosina Cove born in UK 1875.   

thanks  from Kathleen
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Cove.
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 19:36 GMT (UK) »
From the index which is on the site here, you can see him, aged 26, in Edwardsburg.
http://www.collectionscanada.ca/archivianet/02010803_e.html

http://www.collectionscanada.ca/copies/index-e.html - you can order a copy from them, it is relatively quick/cheap.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 11 November 06 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kathleen

There are 3 people in the house. Here are the census details:

RG31/C-10004/C1/page 10
District GRENVILLE SOUTH ( 069 )/Sub-district: Edwardsburg ( C )
Household #32, Family #34
COVE Alfred male 26 born England Church of England labourer married
COVE Annie female 21 born England Church of England married over 20 and cannot read nor write
COVE Francis male 10/12 Oct born Quebec

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline deafkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 11 November 06 00:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi LInda  Its a big Wow... I am so happy as I been trying to find out for a long time ... and it so strange how my father middle name is Francis  I always wondered where that came into  as I been researching the family tree of my ancestors and when I found different names in the living and past family as their names in to the family tree  with my father his name is so odd out with the names of the others have... his name is Lindsay ( he thinks its after Adam Lindsay Gordon the poet) and Francis ? now  I know it from this Francis after my grandfather step brother Francis.. Bartlett ( our surname). so as it seems that Annie and Albert didnt go to Canada with the parents so they stayed home with relatives.

Would you do me a favour please .... would there a possible for you to find out the ship that they both left Canada between 1872 -1874  to go back to UK they had Alfred Jr somewhere on the line so it could be on a ship record as he isnt record in anywhere in births...(same as his death record too as it not in Australia but someone found it at sea)
 and also with Emily Rosina she was born in UK in 1875 so I know it have that record in UK births. 
As Alfred left her there in Canada  to go home but she caught up with him
on the ship with the kids or one.  thanks you very much for making this my day to find out... I really appredicate it and hope you can help me with more too... cheers from Kathleen...  ps thanks for your time also.
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 November 06 02:18 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kathleen

Your welcome.

There is not a passenger's name index available. The passenger lists for your time frame are now online and you can access them. See post by KarenM:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,192163.0.html

Linda
Dorman, Waite, Moore, Clark/Clarke, Neil, Rennie/Rainey, Brown, Mclean, Day, Millar/Miller, Gunion/Gunzion, Thomson, Black, Milvain, McCubbin, Steadman, Kirby

Offline deafkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 11 November 06 05:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda  thanks for you message and I visit it and found its bit hard and confusing for me to find it... as I wouldnt know where to start there for shipping side... as it only shown the microfilm code.

C-4528     1872 Oct. 28    1874 Aug. 2
C-4528     1872 Oct. 28    1874 Aug. 2

can you show me the way .... ???  :-[

Offline waiteohman

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 11 November 06 19:38 GMT (UK) »
Hello Kathleen

Now that I think of it, the database and files are immigration not emmigration lists. You should be searching in the U.K. for arrivals to the U.K.

Linda