Author Topic: Winefred Jones  (Read 5981 times)

Offline saxonw.

• RootsChat Senior
  • So many honest folk but it's the liars and cheats
    • View Profile
Winefred Jones
« on: Thursday 09 November 06 07:52 GMT (UK) »
In later censuses when she appears in Glamorgan she claims to have been born in  about  1836/6  inCardigan, Cardigan  and Cardigan NK.The latter is probably correct as she had by then twelve children and her mind on other things. She marries at the Tabernacle Chapel Cardiff in November 1857. Her father is William Jones husbandman. I've identified a likely candidate  from Llandewi Brefi in the 1851 and 1841 Censuses but she is living with her maternal grandparents. Can anyone check their  parish records of around there to see if there is any christening (probably chapel) for Winefred
Warks -Blundell, Stagg,Guest,Jennings<br />Ireland -Guest , Connor, Nowlan/Nolan,Hemming<br />Norfolk-Stagg<br />Cardigan-Jones<br />Glamorgan- David<br />Monmouth  and Glos-Witts, Bowsher<br />Derby Leics and Notts: Roulstone, Morley,Astle, Poxon , Bywater, Sanderson, Barnett, Fletcher<br />Hants- Jennings<br />Cornwall- Trestain, Stirrup,Gyles, Pearce, Cock<br />Devon- Hutchin(g)s , Griffey,Davies<br />Middlesex- Stirrup

Offline saxonw.

• RootsChat Senior
  • So many honest folk but it's the liars and cheats
    • View Profile
Re: Winefred Jones
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 January 07 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Still getting nowehere with this lady. Anyone got any ideas?
Warks -Blundell, Stagg,Guest,Jennings<br />Ireland -Guest , Connor, Nowlan/Nolan,Hemming<br />Norfolk-Stagg<br />Cardigan-Jones<br />Glamorgan- David<br />Monmouth  and Glos-Witts, Bowsher<br />Derby Leics and Notts: Roulstone, Morley,Astle, Poxon , Bywater, Sanderson, Barnett, Fletcher<br />Hants- Jennings<br />Cornwall- Trestain, Stirrup,Gyles, Pearce, Cock<br />Devon- Hutchin(g)s , Griffey,Davies<br />Middlesex- Stirrup

Offline Flamingjune

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 March 10 17:50 GMT (UK) »
I don't know if you're still looking for this person but she may be connected to my family.  I've only just returned to my family history research due to sad family matters and have a lot of old research to go through.  My great grandmother's mother was called Mary Jones and she came from the town of Cardigan.  However, on one census she states that she comes from Stepside, Cardigan. I've managed to find out that there was a large house (maybe a farm?) and cottages called Stepside on the Gwbert Road not far from Cardigan town.  Mary Jones was living and working in a small village just outside Cardiff when she met and married my great great grandfather.  There is a possiblity that Winefred Jones was related to her and may have lived in the same area.  If you are interested I will pass on further information.   
Leckwith - Coles, Lewis, Wyatt, David
Nether/Over Stowey - Coles
Penarth - Pearce, Bate
Cardigan - Jones
Barry - Parsons
Herefordshire - Parsons
Gravesend - Pearce
Wallsall - Bate
Mountain Ash - Battram

Offline Dat402

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 25 October 14 11:20 BST (UK) »
Winefred Jones born Stepside 1836 was my 2x grandmother, married William Henry David 1857, I believe Mary Jones was her sister, and they both ended up in Leckwith, since Winefred was 1836 and I believe Mary was 1825, I wonder how many were in between ?

Dat402
Turner (Cardiff); Turtle; David; Stirrup (Swansea & Westminster); Morgan; Gyles
(My side)
Neale (Birmingham & Shabbington Bucks); Preston; Usher; Loxley;Thompson; Connolley; Stanton; Rudge; Noke; Keast; Enderby
(Wife's Side)

Offline Flamingjune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 28 September 15 21:22 BST (UK) »
Sorry only just replying as haven't been on here for long time.  Are you still interested in this family line?  Mary Jones was my GG Grandmother married to my GG Grandfather William Lewis.
Leckwith - Coles, Lewis, Wyatt, David
Nether/Over Stowey - Coles
Penarth - Pearce, Bate
Cardigan - Jones
Barry - Parsons
Herefordshire - Parsons
Gravesend - Pearce
Wallsall - Bate
Mountain Ash - Battram

Offline keyboard86

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 28 September 15 21:39 BST (UK) »
Hi just hoping to help out here, from the original post this looks to be Winifred in 1851:-

Edward Davies 64 occ Hosier b Cardiganshire
Sarah 66 b Lledrod,  Cardiganshire
Winifred Jones 15 Granddaughter b Llanddewibrefi, Cardiganshire
Winifred Thomas 81 Widow/Sister in Law b Lledrod
H0107/2487/281/29
Keyboard86
Pelly/Pelley/Kingsbury/Challis/Nalder/Rochester/Raydenbow

UK Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk