Author Topic: Wrexham Weslayen Methodist Baptismal Records  (Read 1660 times)

Offline Robert B. Croman

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wrexham Weslayen Methodist Baptismal Records
« on: Friday 10 November 06 18:35 GMT (UK) »
I recently rented the LDS film that had the baptismal records for the Wrexham Weslayen Methodist Chapel with the hopes of finding additional members of my Barrow family.   It seems that all of the records that are on the film have been put on the IGI, so on the surface it seems that renting the film was a waste of money.    However, I was surprised to find that not only the names of the parents were listed, but in many cases the names of the maternal grandparents.
For instance, the IGI has that Margaret Barrow was born to Thomas Barrow and Martha Dodd on 24 July 1818 and baptized at the Weslayen Chapel in Wrexham on 26 July 1818.    The film has the same information, but presented in the following manner as: Margaret Barrow was the daughter of Thomas Barrow of Broughton, Laborer and his wife Martha daughter of Edward and Martha Dodd.
So you can see that the film does give more info that the IGI listing.    I have the film until early December, if anyone has seen a listing on the IGI and would like to see if the film gives the maternal grandparent names.
Too bad it doesn't list the names of the paternal grandparents but maybe that is wishing for too much.

Best regards,
Bob Croman
Plano, TX