Author Topic: Alfred Winter 1898-1940 Flying Corp photo  (Read 6762 times)

Offline 01debbie

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • My Dear Nan, Sybil Edith Grace Boxall 1909-1992
    • View Profile
Re: Alfred Winter 1898-1940 Flying Corp photo
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 16 November 06 18:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lones,

Wow, these pics are getting better & better!!  The Italian in Alf is really showing now! I think  a combination of technology & people's patience & kindness is a wonderful thing.  I try & do my bit to help others out with census returns, bmd's etc, but it's not the same as restoring a treasured photo is it? 

Lones, I thank you.

Debbie
BOXALL    Portchester & Southampton<br />CLASBY    Southampton<br />HELLYER   Hound, Netley & Southampton<br />MIDLANE   Isle Of Wight<br />PHILLIPS   Botley & Southampton<br />PRICE       Isle Of Wight<br />VERONELLI/VEARONELLY/VERONELLY & variants ANY<br />WAREN     London<br />WINTER    S.E. London

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 16 November 06 19:08 GMT (UK) »
I try & do my bit to help others out with census returns, bmd's etc, but it's not the same as restoring a treasured photo is it? 
Debbie

YES it is - we all do our bit to make this a great site  ;D ;D

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 16 November 06 20:53 GMT (UK) »
AAAhhh...bless you Mr Bateman!!   :) :) :)
BOXALL    Portchester & Southampton<br />CLASBY    Southampton<br />HELLYER   Hound, Netley & Southampton<br />MIDLANE   Isle Of Wight<br />PHILLIPS   Botley & Southampton<br />PRICE       Isle Of Wight<br />VERONELLI/VEARONELLY/VERONELLY & variants ANY<br />WAREN     London<br />WINTER    S.E. London

Offline sula_nebouxii

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 16 November 06 20:59 GMT (UK) »
Keith's right, Debbie!  Providing the branches to hang those photos on is just as important, so good on you for helping out however you can!

Sula
Beattie - Cumberland & Victoria

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 16 November 06 22:24 GMT (UK) »
Sula, you're right!  A few years ago, when I first started on my tree, someone very kindly sent me a return from the 1881 (which wasn't freely available back then)  That sent me on my way & I was on cloud 9 for days.  This morning I spent about 45 mins checking some births on 1837online for someone, realised I was running late for work, left it & now can't find the message to go back to!!  Age thing I suppose!!

Oh well, I tried!!

Debbie

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 16 November 06 23:05 GMT (UK) »
now can't find the message to go back to!!

Try the "search" button at the top of the page.

Age thing I suppose!!

That is if you can remember any of the names  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline Lones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Dad & Mum
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 17 November 06 06:32 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie

I totally agree with Keith and Sula, what you do is wonderful.  I myself have had lots of help from people either looking things up or helping me find where to look.  I would be lost without the help I get from people like yourself, so thank you for bothering to help us.  What I do is my way of contributing to this great forum, and I get help to learn this craft from all the other restorers on here too, no man is an island etc. 

So keep up the good work and I am glad you liked my restoration, I will try to get time this weekend to colour it for you, even though Caroline and Mike have done such wonderful jobs, it never hurts to have a few choices.  Quite often they look like completely different pictures, which makes you think you have two instead of one. 

Cheers Debbie

Lones
Momentsandmemoriesdpr.com.au
Digital Photographic Restoration

Smith, Warwick Shire
Ashwell, Buckminster Leicester
Brown, Kent
OBrien/Brien, Cork
Dunstan, Stithians Corwall
Beard, Stithians Corwall
Penman, Midlothian, Perth or Fife
Dick, Fife
Ruddock, Staindrop Durham
Willis, Ingleton Durham
Gibbon, Kirkby Ravensworth
Lazenby, Middleton Yorkshire
Bradley, London
Ware, London

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 17 November 06 08:31 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Lones!  I enjoy helping others out too.  If it wasn't for people helping me when I began, I'd probably have given up long ago.

As for Keith's comments about the search button, doh...why didn't I think about that?  :) :) :)  Guess what happened when I did?  Yes, I found it & have now been able to pass over the birth entries I found!!  ;D

Now, where's the pic of my Nan's first wedding...the one with the missing legs...that'll be a challenge for someone!!!

Oh I've done it again...got carried away on here whne I should be getting ready for work!!  ;)

Debbie