Author Topic: Ann Young married James Kettles  (Read 2185 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ann Young married James Kettles
« on: Tuesday 14 November 06 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Hope someone is able to help with information about the family of
 Ann Young born 30th Jan 1794, died in Dec 1866 age 72yrs in Dundee
Parents -David Young and Susan Williamson I think??

Ann Young married a James Kettles in Kinfauns on 16th November 1823, and a second at Dundee Angus on 20th Nov 1823.The two marriages on the OPR's.

If someone can help find any infor about  David and Susan,  their parents, siblings and any other children that they may have had.

Regards Annette Ellen
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Ann Young married James Kettles
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 00:29 GMT (UK) »
Hope someone is able to help with information about the family of
 Ann Young born 30th Jan 1794, died in Dec 1866 age 72yrs in Dundee
Parents -David Young and Susan Williamson I think??

If you get her death certificate from www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk it should tell you the names of her parents. You can also get the 1851 and 1861 census records for the family, which will tell you where she was born.

Ann Young married a James Kettles in Kinfauns on 16th November 1823, and a second at Dundee Angus on 20th Nov 1823.The two marriages on the OPR's.

This doesn't mean that there were two marriages. It means that one of them lived in Kinfauns and the other in Dundee at the time of the marriage, so the banns were called in both parishes. The parish register usually records the proclamation of banns, not necessarily the ensuing marriage ceremony.

If someone can help find any infor about  David and Susan,  their parents, siblings and any other children that they may have had.

If you go to
http://www.familysearch.org/Eng/Search/frameset_search.asp?PAGE=igi/search_IGI.asp&clear_form=true and enter their names in the 'father' and 'mother' fields, and select 'British Isles' as the region, you will find that they had three recorded children, all baptised in Inverkeilor, Angus. There could of course be others who are not in the parish register. 

Doing the same with James Kettles and Ann Young shows that a child was born in Arbroath in 1820. This fits with a possible birthplace of Inverkeilor, which is the next door parish to St Vigeans/Arbroath.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 03:50 GMT (UK) »
Dear Forfarian,

Thank you  for the reply to my question. I will check out the site that you suggested.
I did not realise just what I wrote when saying that about the New Registery house  in Edinburgh and I see what you mean, so thanks for that

I appericiate you help so thank you very much.

Annette Ellen

:)
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 13 December 06 10:40 GMT (UK) »
hi annette, if you post the details of your find, i will gladly check the censuses for you.

Joe
helping wherever possible

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 December 06 01:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Joe,
Thank you so much for the offer.

Who I am trying to find information about is Janet Gibson, her parents and any siblings, Janet married John Kettel and died in 1843 aged 81yrs.

Ann Young and her Parents David Young and Susan Williamson  and any siblings .
I have the 1841 census for James kettels and Ann Young and their 6 children  but I have been told that there were 8 children.

I have tried the different census years and could not get anything.
If you can check them for me that will be fabulous and thanks once again for your offer of help.
I am most grateful for it.

Regards Annette 8)