Author Topic: Cunneen Family - Killaloe Parish of CountyClare  (Read 7183 times)

Offline annette ellen

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Cunneen Family - Killaloe Parish of CountyClare
« on: Thursday 16 November 06 08:55 GMT (UK) »
I am wondering if  someone may be able to help with information about
Michael Cunneen born 1796 -  Father John Cunneen - Mother unk . 

1ts Marriage:-Michael  married Bridget McNamara in 1826,  they had 4 children .
 Bridget died in 1836 in Clare Ireland.
 ;)
Michael  2nd Marriage:-  to Bridget Herbert in 1839. They had 6 children and the last one a daughter was born in 1857, Baptised and died all in the same year.
Michael came out to Australia in 1857 with his wife and the 5 remaining children.

I am hoping to find out about their family and any siblings that they may have  had in Clare Ireland.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Regards

Annette Ellen
Dundee, Montrose, Perthshire, Errol,- Ireland , Birmingham, Huddersfield, England, Rotterdam, Holland.
Kettles, Kettle, Young, Archibald, Smith, Greive, Philp, Gibson, Mason, Bent, White, Cunneen, Cahill, Pratt, Frost, Bridges, Mothersole, Money, Roche/Roach, Lenehan/ Linehan/ Linahan, Leonard, Sayles, Waren/Warren, Johnson, Berigan/Bergin/Berrigan/Birgin, Janssen.
Steel, McNab, Christie, Kelly, Fraser.

Offline Jenzoe Hartley

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Cunneen Family - Killaloe Parish of CountyClare
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 February 09 06:52 GMT (UK) »
Hello Annette,
I don't think I can help you, but I thought I'd get in contact with you anyway.  My Cunneen great great aunts, Norah, Bridget, Ann, Mary and Kate came out from Clare to Australia in 1884 and '91.  Their parents, Michael and Mary (nee Farmer) stayed in Ireland.  The girls came to Qld, and Norah was my great Grandmother who married Timothy McCarthy and lived at Muttaburra, Qld.  I live in Mareeba, Nth Qld.  If you google Picture Australia, Muttaburra, you'll see their photo and the family hotel, the Exchange which the family owned for 70 years.
Feel free to keep in touch with me if you'd like to.
Jeanette Hartley

Offline ballycorney

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Cunneen Family - Killaloe Parish of CountyClare
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 31 January 15 02:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Your post was many years ago but if you are still interested he was my great great grandfather, this may help you. http://trees.ancestry.com.au/tree/55961999/person/48010321939

cheers

James