Author Topic: FAO David Pinkey - CMN PR lookup  (Read 1340 times)

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
FAO David Pinkey - CMN PR lookup
« on: Friday 17 November 06 11:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi David,

thanks for the offer. I only have the one request, but this brickwall has been around now for about 3 years. It would be great to start chipping away at it.

I'm looking for the baptism of a John Evans, son of Evan and Elinor Evans, in Conwil Caio.

His ages vary from census to census:
1841: 14 (1827)
1851: 30 (1821)
1860 (marriage): 32 (1828)
1861: 32 (1829)
1871: 50 (1821)
1881: 60 (1821)
1891: 70 (1821)
1901: 75 (1826)
1905 (burial): 76 (1829)

However there is only one John Evans in the 1841 census for Caio, with father Evan. They are living at Henffordd, Conwil Caio. Evan is a cooper, which seems to confirm I have the correct family, as John was also a cooper. I presume such a trade would be passed from father to son.

To be on the safe side, here are Johns siblings (John was the eldest):
David b:1828; Mary- b1831; James 1833; Elenor 1837; Elizabeth 1838; Anne 1841; Thomas 1843; Daniel 1844; Jane 1845 and Lettice 1850.

Assuming the second son's age is correct, then John's birth would be about 1826 ish.

I hope thats enough to find the right one - I'm not sure though whether the family were non conformist or not.

If you also have time/chance, the marriage of Evan and Elinor would be gratefully received ;-)

Send me a PM if anything is unclear.

Much obliged.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Margaret Richardson (nee Robinson)
    • View Profile
Re: FAO David Pinkey - CMN PR lookup
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 November 06 19:44 GMT (UK) »
No problem, have noted details and will get back to you.

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 November 06 17:08 GMT (UK) »
No good news i'm afraid!!

No parish church baptisms for this family 1813-1855
No parish marriages either.
No burials for this family in parish records 1870-1907

I asked about non conformists records and unfortunately they do not have any for the correct period.

Sorry

David
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br /><br /><br />Swansea (Glamorgan) - Reynish/Johnson<br />Yorkshire/Durham - Pinkney/Richardson/Robinson/Gill<br />Wiltshire - Hibberd<br />London/Surrey - Clark<br />Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire - Spencer, Broughton, Sprigg, Martin<br />Cornwall - Sowden<br />Herefordshire/Shropshire/Wales - Worrall<br />Essex - Saville<br />Dorset - Atkins, Govier<br />Devon - Wakely, Parsons

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 29 November 06 08:29 GMT (UK) »
OK, thanks David.

Looks like I'll have to resign myself to the idea that this is one brickwall that won't get knocked down.

I appreciate your effort.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline davidpinkney

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 29 November 06 19:38 GMT (UK) »
The record office did say that he could have been baptised in a local chapel or even possibly at home, i would suggest doing some research into what chapels were in the area at the time and maybe see who has baptism records for them.

David