Author Topic: Mother of the bride & bridesmaid are legless!!  (Read 14538 times)

Offline 01debbie

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • My Dear Nan, Sybil Edith Grace Boxall 1909-1992
    • View Profile
Mother of the bride & bridesmaid are legless!!
« on: Friday 17 November 06 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Well, I don't know if this is just beyond help!!    ???  This is my Nan's first wedding in approx 1928.  Her husband sadly died shortly after the wedding.  :'( (but that's another story!)

As it's children in need day ...and I work with children...I'll make a donation for every effort that comes back!!

Best of luck!

debbie
BOXALL    Portchester & Southampton<br />CLASBY    Southampton<br />HELLYER   Hound, Netley & Southampton<br />MIDLANE   Isle Of Wight<br />PHILLIPS   Botley & Southampton<br />PRICE       Isle Of Wight<br />VERONELLI/VEARONELLY/VERONELLY & variants ANY<br />WAREN     London<br />WINTER    S.E. London

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Mother of the bride & bridesmaid are legless!!
« Reply #1 on: Friday 17 November 06 12:39 GMT (UK) »
Whoops!!!  I just reduced it to be able to post it & it's gone all weird.  I'll try again!!
BOXALL    Portchester & Southampton<br />CLASBY    Southampton<br />HELLYER   Hound, Netley & Southampton<br />MIDLANE   Isle Of Wight<br />PHILLIPS   Botley & Southampton<br />PRICE       Isle Of Wight<br />VERONELLI/VEARONELLY/VERONELLY & variants ANY<br />WAREN     London<br />WINTER    S.E. London

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 17 November 06 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, can't get it right.  I've reduced the resolution to 300, then upped it to 600, then 1200 but it's still all pixelised.  Any tips?

I've got to get back to work now so if someone knows how to take this posting off to save everyone's time, please do!!

I'll try again this evening.

Thanks, Debbie

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 November 06 12:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,

Glad to see you are trying to get a decent photo  on site.  8)
The sooner Poll & Gadget's tutorial comes on line the better!  ;)
When you have scanned the image at 600dpi - reduce the actual size of the photo - NOT the dpi - so that it comes out under the 500kb limit to the site.

Hope you understand that.  ;D

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 17 November 06 18:29 GMT (UK) »
For a supposedly intelligent woman...yes, we do exist...I feel remarkably stupid!!  :-[

OK, I've rescanned at goodness knows what dpi or whatever it's called, but it looks better & the properties size should be ok to post on here...she says hopefully  ;)

Thanks for the tip Keith & if anyone can do anything with this, I'll be amazed!!

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 17 November 06 18:33 GMT (UK) »
OK, I have that end of the week feeling...here's the pic this time!!  :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 17 November 06 19:40 GMT (UK) »
For a supposedly intelligent woman...yes, we do exist...I feel remarkably stupid!! 

Now I will not answer that or Gadget-Polly-Prue-Cazza............ might say something to me!!  ;D ;D

It's a lot better - but still only 72 dots per inch - want to go for 3rd time lucky!!  ;D ;D

If not will have a try with it later.

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline 01debbie

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 17 November 06 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Keith

Ok, let me explain...the scanner & the photograph came close to taking flying lessons earlier on.    >:(  I daren't risk trying again whilst I still have the end of the week feeling.  When I scanned it, the scanner didn't give me any options, it just did it.  The image was still quite large, so I opened it in paint & then saved it from there to reduce it.  The earlier attempts were done through reducing the original using Microsoft digital image thingy...which just confuses me even more.

Now, here's the twist, which will make you laugh.  My husband is in IT support.  He's shown me how to do this stuff a thousand times, but it has the same affect as when he tried to teach me to drive...say no more.  He's currently building a network for someone & I DAREN'T ask him to show me again  ;D ;D  So, I can try again tomorrow when the scanner has stopped snarling at me, or wait until Sunday when he'll have set up for his client.

Hey ho...

Debbie

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 17 November 06 20:22 GMT (UK) »
I love it !! ;D ;D ;D Keith I think that is what Cazza is doing today ... haven't seen her so the tutorial may be on its way as I speak  :o... fingers crossed .... Pol ;)
  Dont worry Debbie ...we WILL get there in the end! ::)
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople