Author Topic: morrey of bearstone  (Read 6756 times)

Offline Debradora

• RootsChat Extra
  • It never rains but it pours!
    • View Profile
Re: morrey of bearstone
« Reply #9 on: Monday 24 January 05 20:12 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou Cliff!
That is brilliant  especially the bit about the murder!!!
Where could I find  further info on that?
My ggrandmother Ann (Annie) Morrey married Samuel Clarke having already had a child Emily several years before, this child was subsequently referred to as Emily Clarke although it was known in the family that she was officially a Morrey. my Nana  was the daughter of Annie and Samuel and was also named Annie . I have a copy of the marriage cert of Annie and Samuel listing her father as Charles and the census of 1891 and 1901 in Stockport where she moved confirm through the same age and place of birth.  but really need to track down Annie's birth records  to double check that the 1871 Madeley family are definitely the same. I am already pretty sure because Annie's father, age and birthplace tally but I'd like to check.
How do the Madeley Morrey's relate to you?
Debbie
Oswell , Hackney,Burgess, Hulme, Clarke,Fox, Gannon, Hines, Doorbar ,Morrey, Timperley,
Wright,Littlewood,Braithwaite,   based Cheshire and Shropshire areas mainly Stockport

Offline Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 17:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,  Good show.  Could you list the date and place of Anns marriage to Samuel Clarke.  The book about the Morrey murder 1812 at Hankelow Cheshire  is called ROPEDANCE by Maureen Nield 83 pages should be available from Chester Library about £6. Its sponsored by Cheshire Council published 1993.
 I am not related (although of course one never really knows) to your Morrey clan but I am interested in all Morrey as I have arrived at a brickwall with my Oxfordshire group.

All the best,  Cliff

Offline Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 17:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul,  I note there is a James Arthur Morrey marrying Chaddock at Congleton June quarter 1915 and can you confirm if Samuel Rol was Samuel Rawlinson Morrey. Cliff

Offline Debradora

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 January 05 19:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi Cliff
Marriage solemnised at parish church of Cheadle (Cheadle Stockport area)  entry no 125 -Feb 21 1886  Samuel Clarke 21 Bachelor -  occupation Carter, residing Cheadle Heath ,father Samuel Clarke also a carter.
Annie Morray 23 spinster residing Cheadle heath , father Charles Morray Labourer.
( I have checked and checked but can't find Morrays to fit this and census information I have giving Annie's birthplace but the Morreys do! so therefore pretty certain it's a spelling anomaly)

Both signed the register
witnesses were James Espley and Alice Amelia Kennedy
married after banns by F A Macdonald rector
am happy to e mail copy if you wish.

Will also be tracking down Emily Morrey's birth cert if I can and try to find out some circumstances of her birth in Crewe
Have tracked down Morrey murder stuff very ghoulish !!
Debbie
Oswell , Hackney,Burgess, Hulme, Clarke,Fox, Gannon, Hines, Doorbar ,Morrey, Timperley,
Wright,Littlewood,Braithwaite,   based Cheshire and Shropshire areas mainly Stockport

Offline Nick

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 18:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Debbie,  Thanks for the marriage details.  The book is interesting.  Were you aware that Ann had another brother - Samuel bapt 4 Apr 1873 at Madeley.   Cliff

Offline Debradora

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 26 January 05 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Cliff - didn't know that - will put it in
Debbie