Author Topic: Moran Family in SA  (Read 28844 times)

Offline Kay Levy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Moran Family in SA
« Reply #45 on: Monday 20 April 15 16:08 BST (UK) »
Anybody who can help me with information on any Moran family members who have or had cancer - specifically breast/ovarian/testicular and if they have ever had testing for BRCA gene mutation. My Mum - second daughter of Albert Wilson Moran requires this information as she has ovarian cancer and will be tested for BRCA gene mutation which can run in families.

Offline ANN MORAN

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 21 April 15 08:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Terrence
My father James Christopher Charles Moran was eldest and half brother. Of your father.  Dad died of bowel cancer in March .Ann Mor

Offline Kay Levy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 22 April 15 08:19 BST (UK) »
Birth records are only available in South Australia to 1928 and marriages to 1937.  There is no birth registration for a Desmond Brian MORAN to 1928 in SA. 

Cheers
Cando

Offline Julianne Fuss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 22 April 15 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Tereena
I am the Grand Daughter of Horace James Moran my Mother's name was Jennifer Alice Florence Moran his daughter from his first Marriage.  My mother passed of Breast Cancer in Sept 2004 and she had a daughter which Horace and his second wife adopted her name was Lindie and she has also passed from Breast cancer around 2011 and then my mother has been married twice two boys from her first marriage and then two Daughters from her second marriage which I am the eldest I was diagnosed with Breast cancer in 2013 I was approved for Genetic Testing which im doing at present. Hope this helps if there is anything else let me know 
Julianne Fuss

Offline Kay Levy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Friday 24 April 15 04:07 BST (UK) »
Thanks Anne & Julieanne - you have both helped greatly.
Gosh, Julieanne, it seems there is a high possibility of the BRCA gene being in the family. I hope the testing goes well for you and gives you the opportunity to take preventative measures if the test proves positive. It is a very big issue to face, but I guess the alternative is so confronting that we would do whatever it takes to survive.
Interestingly, I already have one genetic mutation which has given me a blood cancer which is relatively rare (Essential thrombocytosis  and Polycythaemia Rubra Vera ) - this causes me to produce too many red blood cells and platelets and causes me to suffer clots and bleeds. I take a chemotherapy tablet (hydroxyurea) - which helps control the numbers.
Wondering where you both live?
I am in Strathalbyn, south of Adelaide - where my grandfather - Albert Wilson Moran worked and lived for most of his life.
Thanks again for all your help.
It will assist greatly in completing the family cancer history paperwork to enable genetic testing to commence.
Cheers,
Tereena.

Offline Julianne Fuss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Friday 24 April 15 06:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Tereena

Wow this doesn't sound very good hope you are coping with it all, I live in Adelaide thank you for your reply and thank you for your information as well as this will also help with my testing. just wondering did you ever go to any of the Picnic's at the Botanical Gardens I remember going to a few a young girl.   

Offline Julianne Fuss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday 11 August 15 08:04 BST (UK) »
Hi all hope everyone is well its gone very quiet :D

Offline Hayley Fox

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Saturday 28 October 17 01:09 BST (UK) »
@sassiecat

I know this is a really old thread, but I am Colin Frederick Moran's granddaughter.

If you're still around here and want more information, I'm more than happy to provide it.

Otherwise, I have created our family tree on ancestry.com and you should be able to find it with the names you have now.

:)

Love Hayley