Author Topic: alice ann fletcher  (Read 8637 times)

Offline sbduk2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: alice ann fletcher
« Reply #9 on: Monday 04 December 06 16:42 GMT (UK) »
and cheryle. yes please to your help. i didnt mean your info was wrong. i meant i always get things wrong. like the way i put things down in writing. two heads are better than one is the saying, but i think with my head you might as well forget it. he he/ ;D.  once again thank you all for your help.
Berkshire,Jennings
warwickshire,gascoigne,Davis.
London,middlesex,Davis,hedges,robinson,ogles.

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 17:47 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi again....if this was mine l would now be inclined to gamble 7 pounds and apply for Alice and George Billens marriage cert. At least that way you will know who Alices father was and which leads you will need to follow.

regards cheryle.f :)
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline sbduk2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 23:46 GMT (UK) »
oh im glad you still with me on this. thanks. :). i have been forwarding all messages to norma and told her of this site. hope she is looking in. and will soon answer some of these questions. the waiting around is killing me. cant think what to do next or where to look. but thanks for your help. ;D
from sue.
Berkshire,Jennings
warwickshire,gascoigne,Davis.
London,middlesex,Davis,hedges,robinson,ogles.

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Thursday 07 December 06 14:48 GMT (UK) »
 :) Hi Sue, Just incase you didnt have this info already......

This is the only Alice Fletcher l could find marrying a Dyer....

Herbert James Dyer and Alice Fletcher J/A/S Paddington London1909
             1a 119

(maybe there is some conflicting details on this certificate to the 1916 marriage?)which could give some more clues

and

Herbert James Dyer born Richmond Surrey  1887 2a 273

I suppose Alices first husband could have died in the first world war?

regards  cheryle :)
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Gmurphy

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 14 August 12 22:04 BST (UK) »
:) Hi....l found Alice age 3 born Box Wiltshire living with Parents and siblings in 1891....here hoping from the names Stella may recognise some of the info. I worked with the Salisbury connection and found that even though Alice seems to marry Herbert Dyer in London in 1909(maybe working as servant) she comes back to Salisbury to marry George Billen.  The only other Alice A Fletcher born similar birth year  is born in Lancs and residing in Lancs in 1891 and another 1889 birth is Alice Mary from Swindon. The only other two are 1881 and 1883 births so little too early?

1891 Corsham Wilts 
    Frank Fletcher    Head  M   30 Platelayer   GWR   Hemmington Somerset
    Emma Fletcher    Wife  M    30                            Wellington  Somerset
    Frank Fletcher        son        4                                 Box Wiltshire
     Alice  Fletcher         dau        3                                  ''        ''
     George Fletcher      dau        1                                  ''        ''

and then found the same family in the 1901 and found all births consistant with Chippenham (registration District) for all children in this family

1901 Priory Road Chippenham RG13 /1918

Frank  Fletcher    Head  M  39     Railway Worker          Somerset
   Emma Fletcher     Wife  M   39                                          ''
   Frank Fletcher       son        15                                          Box
   Alice Fletcher          dau        13                                           ''
   George Fletcher     son         11                                           ''
    William   Fletcher   son          9                                            ''
    Lena Fletcher         dau          7                                            ''
    John Henry            son         5                                             ''
    Annie Arene?          dau         3                                             ''
    Walter Charles Fletcher son    1                                            ''

and here they all  are....

Frank Fletcher  Chippenham  Sep Q 1886  5a  59
    Alice Fletcher    Chippenham  A/M/J 1888  5a 61
     George Fletcher Chippenham Mar Q 1890 5a 69
     William Fletcher Chippenham  J/F/M 1892 5a 74
     Lena Fletcher Chippenham J/F/M 1894 5a 65
     John Henry Fletcher Chippenham  J/A/S  1895 5a 69
      Annie  Irene Fletcher Chippenham J/A/S 1897 5a 63
      Walter Charles Fletcher Chippenham Sep 1899 5a 69

if this is familiar to Stella(and i hope it is the right family) :) I also have marriage details if you do not have already. As you already looked under Fletcher surname for birth of Stella and didnt find one maybe the  2 sisters married and Stella was born in one of those names ? It is a real longshot but you never know, otherwise it could be just a straight case of an  adoption, which is horrible for Stella as you said earlier because all word of mouth info has now been lost :(

Let me know how you get on with this info and if l can help some more l will

very best wishes cheryle.f

Hello, I'm Gwyneth (age 76) daughter of Walter Charles (Charlie Fletcher) these are the details I remember of the Flecher family of Corsham. Alice died at age 15 of appendicitis. Lena married a policeman and lived in Wales. Annie married Llew Williams and she became a jp for Corsham. Sidney and Victor were born after my father but I have no knowledge of a John, and if never heard of a Stella. Best wishes Gwyneth