Author Topic: Claisye, Claizy, Clazy, etc.  (Read 2575 times)

Offline clazey

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Claisye, Claizy, Clazy, etc.
« on: Tuesday 28 November 06 02:25 GMT (UK) »
I finally found the parish record in Coldstream for George Claisye and Agnes Middlemist, June 2, 1751. Then through Scotlandspeople, I found three of their children.  William Claizy, 8/16/1753; John Claizy, 4/27/1755 and James Claizy, 12/14/1760.  There may have been more but have not found any yet.  The spelling changed again when James Clazey married Helen Ker in 1786.  William seemed to favor Clazy and John either Clazy or Clezy!  Would George and Agnes' parish record have George's father's name there?  I have found a William Clazie, Clazy in 1704 Coldstream and then William Clazie and Thomas Clazie or Classey 1600s Berwick Upon Tweed.    I suspect these are all related but I khave  these huge chunks of missing information!  Is there anywhere someone could suggest to look?  The spelling is enough to drive me crazy...even found one spelled Cleasie...Claesie... according to another researcher, the original George had a son George but I could find no record of him...any suggestions would be most helpful. 

Sharon
Tough, Keith, Kerr, Donaldson, Clazey, Stephenson, Jardine, Spry, Jewell. Oswald, Middlemiss, Harper, Carter, Hutchinson, Scott, Lamb.