Author Topic: William O'Connor/Ellen Foott  (Read 37897 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: William O'Connor/Ellen Foott
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday 23 January 13 21:58 GMT (UK) »
Looking at a family headstone from Tracton  which was sent to me !! looking for any family members if any of Margaret Moynhan nee foote died 1st Jan 1950 cork
                                                                                                    little annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Sunday 05 January 14 11:12 GMT (UK) »
I hope this works !! should come up with my grandparents picture & the baptism of one of the children . don't know the other two ladies though.
                                                                        little annie
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Sunday 26 January 14 20:32 GMT (UK) »
I am going to throw this wide open  according to the 1911 census William is Connor!! on his grave its Conor  according to family sayings the O'Connors etc originate from Kerry , i  even got this from outside the family !  William is a tough one to follow .
                                                                            Little Annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Monday 02 March 15 20:32 GMT (UK) »
Looking for help on William & Ellen's son ! also called William born 1908/9 may have been put in to a mental institution in later years possible autism ? death un known
                                                                                            thanks little annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Saturday 06 August 16 16:15 BST (UK) »
Is this the peice of information that's going to crack William (Bill)  O'Connor?  His first born daughter Mary was born in Ballinade no wonder I could not find her!! She was born February 1905 and died in carrigaline 1959 she married David Harrington.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Saturday 06 August 16 21:40 BST (UK) »
If I was looking on the census what would area would I be looking for?

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Sunday 07 August 16 00:43 BST (UK) »
Sounds like it could be Ballinadee
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cork/Ballinadee/
I don't see any Connor/O'Connor there

Here are the records i received back from Roscommon, Ellen Foott born 1/1/1884, Father Cornelius , Mother Mary maiden name was( Wade) in Kilmoney.
Residence of informant was Margaret Cogan, Kilnaglary

Reading through the thread I didn't spot a link to this Census
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cork/Liscleary/Kilmoney/1120739/
Although I'm guessing you probably already have it.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Sunday 07 August 16 16:42 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sinann
I was hoping his father may have come from there!! Just puzzled why Mary was born so far away from the rest of the family?  most of the rest were baptised in monkstown.
                                                                                            Little annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Wednesday 23 November 16 20:53 GMT (UK) »
Talking to my cousin recently, he told me William was put in a home in  passage West! When he was about 4 years of age.  I might be out slightly on that one but his mother was setting off to America and she would come back for him or send etc maybe his father died around this time :-(
                                                                                                       little annie