Author Topic: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana  (Read 69576 times)

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
  • Annie McLaughlin (Mcloughlin) & James Harkin
    • View Profile
Re: Annie McLaughlin Buncrana
« Reply #72 on: Thursday 17 December 15 20:51 GMT (UK) »
Gary potts Mclaughlin
Don't know how much you know about the mclaughlins but there is a site gremmert and arden!!  One is of John Mclaughlin fallask, who married Mary Mcdade.
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Thursday 17 December 15 22:39 GMT (UK) »
Gary potts Mclaughlin
Don't know how much you know about the mclaughlins but there is a site gremmert and arden!!  One is of John Mclaughlin fallask, who married Mary Mcdade.

What is the story with that site if there is a name of interest on it??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Friday 18 December 15 13:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Hallmark
That's how I found John!!  But is he connected to me that is the question. As for all the the Mclaughlins still a mystery to me, thanks anyway.
               Little anni
McCallion ,Harkin,McLaughlin, Doherty,(Donegal Derry) McDaid (Donegal /Derry) Foote,Wade, Cogan/Goggin swiney sweeney ,O'Connor/Connor cork/abbeyfeale Limerick.

Offline hallmark

• ~
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Friday 18 December 15 13:34 GMT (UK) »
What is the story with that site if there is a name of interest on it??
Give a man a record and you feed him for a day.
Teach a man to research, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Offline Illibarth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tracing
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Monday 11 July 16 13:31 BST (UK) »
There were two McLaughlin landholders in Fallask in Griffiths (1857): Michael McLaughlin and John McLaughlin.
In 1901 Michael’s son Charles lived in house 9. Charles was the brother of Sally McLaughlin who married James McLaughlin of Cleenagh, Little Annie’s family.
In 1901 John’s son Patrick lived in House 8 in Fallask and Patrick’s brother John (who married Mary McDaid Tirk) lived in house 10. Patrick and John’s sister Catherine married John McDaid of Meendacallaigh.
It is likely that Michael and John are cousins. John and Owen McLaughlin held land together in Fallask in the Tithes (1831) so possibly they are brothers and that Michael and John are their sons. Their houses are close together as can be seen from the numbering above.

The question to Little Annie, Gary Potts, Big Pat On and 20 Stone Ned is: are both families “Potts” or does it just apply to the family of Michael? How far back does the nickname go?

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Friday 15 July 16 21:50 BST (UK) »
Sorry Sile b for responding so late!!  getting my sites mixed up lol
great you have made more sense of my posts, i have no idea how far back the name potts go back etc I only knew of it with great help of the gremmert site.
I only have one uncle & auntie left from Derry?  Maybe if I was born there I could have got a lot more answers to my questions.
               thanks little annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Thursday 20 October 16 13:03 BST (UK) »
Just found this record!!  For Annie's mother Sally mcloughlin, marriage to James mcloughlin / mclaughlin 9/5/1865, other person Michael Mcloughlin Sally's father?
                 Little annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Thursday 09 February 17 11:05 GMT (UK) »
Just found the Baptism of Michael 31 March 1879!  God parents are Patrick Doherty and Mary Doherty now my question is Mary?  Sarah's sister.
As for Michael what happened to him after his birth your guess is as good as mine ;-)
                                                                                                                                     Little Annie

Offline little annie

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Monday 06 March 17 16:44 GMT (UK) »
Right need to straighten things out as I am confusing people hear as I have  crossed posts!!   SARAH POTTS MCLAUGHLIN is Annie's husband James Harkin grandmother!!  So no relation to Annie?? 
Looking at the census of 1901 Annie and her father James are still living in Clunagh (cleenagh) with the family etc but spellings are Mcloughlin, the grandson of James which I presume is Patrick's son called James! is born in Scotland aged 4 so the question is where from and did Patrick and his son go back to Scotland?
                                                                                                                                                         Little annie