Author Topic: Peckovers in Toronto?-COMPLETED  (Read 10950 times)

Offline bpeckover

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Peckovers in Toronto?-COMPLETED
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 25 June 15 20:21 BST (UK) »
Horace Joseph Peckover and wife Bessie are my great-grand parents.
Cecil Peckover is my grandfather.  He listed different birth places as he was born on the ship on the way over from England.  Protocol is that your place of birth is then the first port of call (Maine).  He always wanted to be born in Canada so kept changing it.  CRP started Peckover's Steel.  My father sold it.  CRP bought and created the property on Ellis Avenue.
The Horace Joseph who died in Florida was CRP's brother.
George is (was) my father.  Dad wrote the booklet about Ellis Ave. and Swansey (the neighbourhood) for the local historical society.
Most of the other Peckover references in the post stream are not in my family.
For a few years I have been working on a family tree (Ancestry.ca - "Watson-Tow-Peckover") which now contains over 500 individuals.  I have been able to trace my Peckover heritage back to a Joseph and Emma, married in 1812 in Brislington, England.  THis was his second wife.  THey had three boys.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 26 June 15 13:08 BST (UK) »
What a lovely surprise to see your post  :)

I'm descended from Bessie Gardner's brother James and if I've calculated correctly then my grandmother & your father were 2nd cousins which makes us 3rd cousins once removed.

Since this topic was started I've found a bit more about the Peckovers and lots on the Gardners. We aren't allowed to post personal details but if you'd like to exchange family information let me know (once you've 2 posts you can us PM- personal message- system to exchange email addresses, etc.).
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline TwasBrillig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 11 July 15 09:48 BST (UK) »
Re bpeckover & Joseph and Emma Peckover of Brislington Bristol Somerset;  I too have got this far but also have a "competing" Joseph Peckover - he is 1766-1821 on another of my Peckover Trees and am now trying to ascertain whether some of the details have been wrongly attributed between these two Josephs!

a couple of possible references
http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/browse/r/h/D150501
and
http://churchdb.gukutils.org.uk/GLS1342.php;  where he possibly may have been buried;

regards
burchnall peckover bonham families around Oxon & Northants villages near Banbury

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 11 July 15 15:11 BST (UK) »
Joseph & Emma Peckover have nothing to do with my family as my connection comes in much later. Bpeckover might be interested but they haven't been back online since my post (waiting with my fingers crossed to hear from them).

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 11 July 15 15:34 BST (UK) »
I have just tweaked bpeckover's settings....hopefully they will now be able to pick up on these new replies...

:)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 11 July 15 15:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Sarah

Offline bpeckover

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 16:31 BST (UK) »
Sorry aghadowey, I have been away for a while, home today, and then away again for week, here for two days, and away for two weeks - summer time in Canada with three properties to maintain and a first grandson of two months to spoil.  We chose to not have Internet connection at the two out-of-town properties.
We have had some research done into Joseph by the British Ancestors Research folk.  We haven't fully synthesized the results as they are not 100% conclusive in matching him with the Joseph in the Peckover Family Tree posted by Peckover House.
A good rainy day project.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 14 July 15 16:45 BST (UK) »
Good to hear back from you and hope you get lots of chances to spoil the new grandson. Will send you a PM (Personal Message)  :)

Offline TwasBrillig

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Friday 31 July 15 00:59 BST (UK) »
Glad to hear that you're being circumspect abt the various Josephs;  yours (Bristol mercer & silk merchant) is most likely to have the 1821 death in Reading usually misattributed to another Joseph of the Wisbech branch.  Will be interested to hear of any conclusions you reach, Good luck!
burchnall peckover bonham families around Oxon & Northants villages near Banbury