Author Topic: Why are they not in the GRO?  (Read 5433 times)

Offline silvery

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • information Crown Copyright, from www.nation
    • View Profile
Re: Why are they not in the GRO?
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 18:29 BST (UK) »
closetearl, you need to make a couple more posts (just do smileys on two postings) and then you can do a private message (pm) to Baz who is online at the moment.

The scroll underneath a persons name indicates whether they are online, bright green = online.
Click on a name to see an option to send that person a pm. 
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline baz54

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 18:50 BST (UK) »
Hi closetearl, I'm sorry I don't have any information about Emma Dixey other than she appears on the 1881 census with my gg grandmother Caroline Dixey, I was under the assumption that all of the Dixey's in the workhouse at this time would have been in some way related although that may not be the case. Do you know if there was a connection between Emma and the other Dixey's?
Regards Barry.

Offline sarahsean

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 27 July 10 19:13 BST (UK) »
Cookham is near Maidenhead.  One of my ancestors was born there. It is a lovely little village on the bank of the river Thames.  There is one church which has modern and old graves. The warden allowed us to have a wander around.

I was in Berkshire record office which incidently is a nightmare to find and there are good records for Cookham there. 

Regards
Sarah
Dowding
Hall
Butt

Offline IMBER

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 28 July 10 10:29 BST (UK) »
Please bear in mind that at the period you are researching many Maidenhead births were recorded as in Cookham registration district (and others in Bray) because Maidenhead itself did not become a registration district until 1896. If someone was born in Maidenhead then that is most probably what would be shown in the census, even if the birth is formally recorded in Cookham registration district. That being the case it would make sense to look carefully at the Dixons found by SandraC.
Skewis (Wales and Scotland), Ayers (Maidenhead, Berkshire), Hildreth (Berkshire)

Offline christinedixie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi bit of a shot in the dark but my Dixies mainly come from around Southwark and Bermondsey but I have hit a brickwall with my 4th x grandfather - Levit Dixie who was married to Susannah Jerry in 1810.  Wondered if you had come across him at all in your research.

Christine
Dixie, woodman, close, mills, eaton
southwark, Bermondsey, Horselydown, St Luke, Hackney, Hoxton

Offline baggygenes

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 05 June 12 21:16 BST (UK) »
Theres a burial of Levit Dixie born 1784 for 29 Dec 1850   Bermondsey,​ Surrey,​ England
the levit/susanna marriage and a marriage for Levit Dixie 04 Nov Westminster (also as Fleet) 1751 to Hannah May which I would say is a good guess for his parents or grandparents maybe?
If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people. (Thich Nhat Hanh)

Offline closetearl

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 16 August 18 11:54 BST (UK) »
Only just found this, apologies.

Emma Dixey is my Grandmother. She married Albert Edward FREWIN on 13th January 1892 in the Parish Church Crowmarsh Gifford.

She went on to have 5 children and died on 13 November 1921 aged 47 years.