Author Topic: Burroughs/Burrows/Burroughes of Mattishall  (Read 1899 times)

Offline kevin_harare

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Burroughs/Burrows/Burroughes of Mattishall
« on: Tuesday 12 December 06 13:07 GMT (UK) »
I am researching this Mattishall, Norfolk family(ies) and would like to make contact with anyone else who may be researching them.  I have several blanks:

(1) Siblings and parents of Benjamin Burroughs born abt 1769, buried Mattishall Burgh 08/03/1836 aged 67.  Married to Zipporah or Tipporah Edwards and Anne Thayne.  There is an unconfirmed suggestion is father is a Stephen Burrows who married an Elizabeth and had a daughter Elizabeth (B1764). Stephen died in 1792 aged 72, buried in Mattishall Burgh..

(2) Would like to trace the families of the 6 daughters of Benjamin and Zipporah: Maria Perkins (b 1795), Elizabeth Burroughs (b1798), Ann Burroughs (b1801), Mary Burroughs (b 1805), twins Zipporah and Hannah (b 1808). I have found a record of a Zipporah Burrows (father Benjamin Burrows) marrying a George Barker (father Martin Barker) 12 Aug 1838 St John De Sepulchre, Norwich, Norfolk.  I'm not sure if this is "my" Zipporah Burrows. It is thought Elizabeth married a John Miller on 05 March 1817 in North Tuddenham but there is no further confirmation this is a correct link.

(3) Would like to establish the Fitt descendants of Ellen Burroughs (b 1814) and Charles Fitt (b 1812), both of Mattishall, Norfolk.

(4) Would like to establish the descendants of George Newman Burroughs (b 1870; buried 1901 Darlington).  It is thought his children were George Dobson Burroughs (b 1894) and Dora Kate Burroughs (b 1896)

(5) Would like to establish the descendants of Mary Emily Burroughs (b 1873) and George Frederick Sharp.

Offline andmc1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Burroughs/Burrows/Burroughes of Mattishall
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 November 16 12:53 GMT (UK) »
hi
i am descended from  hannah burrows and  and jonas  piggins

i have just found the christenning of  Zippoarah  and Hannah Burrows 1808