Author Topic: Still Stuck  (Read 2494 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Still Stuck
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 23 December 06 02:37 GMT (UK) »
It might be worth investigating the Ash family. They could be related in some way.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 23 December 06 02:42 GMT (UK) »
Now this one you must buy -

Birth reg for

Lilla Hariet Spellen, St Pancras, Dec Q, 1855, Vol 1b, page 143.

I see that the younger Ash was a Harriet  ;)

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline sherylbadger

• RootsChat Member
  • Family Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 23 December 06 03:06 GMT (UK) »
I guess that would be a great idea.

If i cannot find John James Spellen birth reg then order his sisters.  I will get pretty much the same information i am after.

Thank you.
Millar, Laing, Meldrum,Birrel (Edinburgh, Fife)<br />Brown, Erskine, Barclay (Fife)<br />Gibb, Simpson, Robb, Adam (Inverurie, Aberdeen)<br />Jaffray, McKenzie Rogers (Aberdeen)<br />Badger (Scotland)

Offline sarahfoster

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 21:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, Sheryl. I don't know if you will see this, as your post was some time ago. It came up when I was searching online for my great, great grandfather, John Nathaniel Spellen. My mother, Margaret Anne Leslie (nee Spellen) was a cousin of Olive Winifred Spellen, who I believe is your husband's grandmother. My mother, often known as Nan in the family, and Anne to everyone else, kept in touch with Olive for many years after she moved to Australia. Sadly, my mother is no longer with us, but I do have some of the family tree information which she researched, and some from my Uncle Mike, her older brother. According to my info, John Nathaniel's children were Francis William, Laura Eliza, Walter Richard, Charles Nathaniel, Lilla Harriet, John, John James (my great-grandfather) and Dennis.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 17 May 17 23:39 BST (UK) »
Hi sarahfoster

Welcome to Rootschat  ;D

According to her profile Sheryl hasn't been online here since 2008 and now her email address on the Rootschat system isn't working anymore.

We do try to find new email addresses when this happens but haven't had any luck.

If you use an internet search engine for her username and then add any of her surname interests you find her posts on this and other forums but all posts seem to stop around 2008.

You might have luck doing your own internet searches. According to her profile she was born around 1976 and she's in Australia.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Sunday 31 December 17 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sarah,

Welcome to RootsChat, Sheryl has just returned and updated to a working email address so she will now see your reply.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk