Author Topic: BALLYSHEEDY  (Read 3884 times)

Offline sharay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BALLYSHEEDY
« on: Thursday 18 November 04 02:38 GMT (UK) »
Brothers Patrick and Matthew Hogan death certiificates show they were born Ballysheedy, Tipperary. Both died in Queensland, Australia. The information on Patrick's death cert. was given by his son in law who was born Australia and Matthew's info was given by his wife, not yet known where she was born or her knowledge of Tipperary. Can't find Ballysheedy anywhere, trying to match how Patrick and Matthew would have pronounced it then someone else trying to spell it maybe. Does anyone know where is Ballysheedy or is it miss spelt ?

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: BALLYSHEEDY
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 28 November 04 15:37 GMT (UK) »
I may be able to fined your Patrick and mathew Hogan can you give me an idea of when they were born
Audrey

Offline sharay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 02:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Thanks for your reply, Patrick Hogan's death cert. states that he died 13.4.1918 aged 82, making him born around 1836. Matthew's death cert. has him as aged 34 when he died 25.6.1873, making his birth around 1839. Both cert.'s state parents as Michael Hogan and Winifred Keefe and place of birth as Ballysheedy, Tipperary.

Have now found a reference for Ballysheedy, as being one mile from Annacarty in the barony of Kilnamanagh, parish of Donohill.

Thanks again

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 01 December 04 11:02 GMT (UK) »
sorry I have tried everything but there is nothing on BVRI i even tried different spelling
thought it might of been Hagan but turned up nothing
Audrey

Offline sharay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 02 December 04 03:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Thanks for trying, much appreciated.

Sharon