Author Topic: Pasley family in Ireland  (Read 9252 times)

Offline acookey

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • Katherine Pasley
    • View Profile
Pasley family in Ireland
« on: Saturday 23 December 06 21:47 GMT (UK) »
Hello there

Greetings from Queensland.  I am looking for my grandfather's family.  The information I have is Robert Pasley born 25.9.1835, migrated to Australia.

His father was Rev William Pasley married to Katherine Wilson. Katherine Wilson was born 1897 and died 28.9.1881.  She is interred at Mt. Jerome.

Rev William was supposed to be living at "Corbally House" Co Carlow.

A number of their children migrated to Australia.  Robert was the third son.

Family history says the eldest was Sir Charles, and the youngest became Lady Elizabeth Long.

Any help would be appreciated, as all I have seems to be oral family history, apart from a card telling of the death and interrment of Katherine Pasley (Wilson).

With thanks

Annette
RIP 2011
Cooke, Aust. England
Russell, Aust. Enland
McMinn, Ireland
Gee, Ireland
Crump, London
Bowen (Bohan), Ireland
Seage, Ireland
Smith, Aust.
Dore, Ireland
Pasley, Ireland
Simmonds, England

Offline acookey

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
  • Katherine Pasley
    • View Profile
Re: Pasley family in Ireland
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 December 06 22:16 GMT (UK) »
Merry Christmas from Qld. :)

Sorry Robert was fourth son.

Annette
RIP 2011
Cooke, Aust. England
Russell, Aust. Enland
McMinn, Ireland
Gee, Ireland
Crump, London
Bowen (Bohan), Ireland
Seage, Ireland
Smith, Aust.
Dore, Ireland
Pasley, Ireland
Simmonds, England

Offline kingjohn

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 May 09 13:56 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone

Hi everyone,
The Pasley family were a well know Cabinet Making family in Dublin for much of the 18th and 19th Century.

PASLEY OR PASSLEY, James, Joiner, Stadbally, Co Laois or Queens, 1729. His will is listed and dated 1727 in Prerogative Will of Ireland (Prerogative Wills of Ireland 1536-1810, pp 368).
PASLEY OR PARSLEY I, Robert, Upholder and Cabinet Maker, 50 Abbey-street 1782-1790.
PASLEY OR PARSLEY II, Robert, Upholder and Cabinet Maker, 6 Henry-street 1807-1814. 50 Abbey-street 1816-1828. 42 and 44 Stafford-street 1830-1833 (in partnership with William Scott 1830-1833). Fictitious Votes (Ireland). Place of Residence and Description-Robert Paisley, Cabinet Maker,42 Stafford-street, Situation of Property-House 42 Stafford-street, Description of Right to Vote-Freeman, Date of Registry- 26th October 1832 (Parl Papers 1837, Vol XI, pp 280).
PASLEY OR PARSLEY III, Robert, Upholder and Cabinet Maker, 18 Bachelor’s-walk 1839-1844. 19 Bachelor’s-walk 1845-1851. 20 Bachelor’s-walk 1852-1861. He is also recorded as voting in the City of Dublin election on 25th January 1842 for one representatives: Lord Morpeth (Election for Dublin 1842, NLI Ir 32341 d31). List of Jurors returned by Collectors of Grand Jury Cess for County of Dublin: Special Juror’s List, 1844; Affidavits filed in Cause, Queen v O’Connell, December 1843; St Mary’s Parish Names-Robert Pasley, District-18 Bachelor’s-walk, Calling of Business-Cabinet Maker, Qualification-Householder (Parl Papers 1844, Vol XLIV, pp 45)
PASLEY OR PARSLEY, William, Upholder, Upper Stand-street 1762-1775. 24 Great Stand-street 1776-1780. Freeman of the City of Dublin as a Upholder by Service, Midsummer 1739. Jonas Pasley apprenticed to his father William Pasley, as a Upholder, Michaelmas, 1765. Pasley was elected Master of the Upholders Guild from 1762-1763. Pasley voted in the Poll for electing two members to represent The City of Dublin in April 1761; Dr Charles Lucas and Ald Hunt  (NLI Ms P349).
To be sold by Auction, by William Pasley, Upholder, on Monday 28th of March, the household furniture and interest of the lease of Mrs. Wilkinson's house in Bride-street near Golden-lane (with all the fixtures) being a term for fifty years from the 25th of March 1765, at the yearly rent of 32l for which a fine has been paid, a  condisderable sum laid out.  The house id new, genteely fitted up and has a large open to the rear.  Particulars of the furniture are expressed in handbills.  The sale be being at elven o’clock and continue till all are sold.  N.B. The intrest of the lease will be sold on the 1st day of sale, precisely at one o’clock (FDJ 1768, 15th-17 March).

Offline kingskerswell

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 15 May 09 14:35 BST (UK) »
Hi,
    I have come across this name when reading the early records of the Corporation of the town of Newtownlimavady, as it was then known, in Co. Londonderry. The original spelling in the earliest records of 1659 was PASLY and this slowly changed to PASLEY. Names were Henry, John, Neil, Thomas and William and they were prominent in local affairs. The name disappears from the records of Limavady in 1722.

Regards
Stewart, Irwin, Morrison, Haslett, Murrell - Dungiven area Co. Londonderry
Browne, Barrett -Co.Armagh
Neil, Smyth _Co. Antrim

Offline greenfarmer

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 21 December 12 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Hello all,

Interested to read Kingjohn's post about Robert Pasley of 6 Henry St. Dublin who went into partnership with William Scott.

I have in my family notes Robert Pasley of Henry St. who married Maria Carnes of Usher's Island (Dublin) on 7th Feb. 1809. Her sister Jane married William Park(e)s in 1801,Dublin. Jane and William had 4 children, Maria, Amelia and William all born Dublin. In abt. 1810 the whole family went to Brussels, Belgium, when in 1819 my 3xGt grandmother Mathilde Park(e)s was born.

Maria Park(e)s married George Scott 1st Nov 1827 in Dublin. The witnesses were Robert Pasley and William Scott. - must be the same ones.

Does anyone know of the Carnes or the Park(e)s?

Amelia and Mathilde married the brothers Constant and Victor van Goethem respectively. Victor had a sugar refinery in Lembecq Belgium, one of his sons Edouard was a reknowned edwardian artist who married into the Lafone family.

Have also found a Stephen Carnes of Usher's Island (brother of Jane & Maria?) who married Maria Wisdom of Co. Wicklow in 1810.

Any help on Carnes or Park(e)s appreciated.

Greenfarmer