Author Topic: 1840s DUBLIN Ireland MORRISON'S  (Read 40667 times)

Offline sal shuel

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1840s DUBLIN Ireland MORRISON'S
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 12:55 GMT (UK) »
I've got all that and it makes fascinating reading. I'm just exasperated that I can't discover which of Simpson Gabriel Morrison's daughters Holton Davin married. Granted, the only one available is Hannah and she's the right age but she doesn't seem to exist anywhere. Trouble is that I'm a determined researcher and I can't let it go.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 14:56 GMT (UK) »
This is a last straw,
John H Sterling Davin was born in Dublin north July Dec 1894 vol 2 page 488
He died in 1898 as John Holton S Davin age 3.
The point i am making the name Holton not only being unique in Ireland but seemingly on all registrations might point to a connection a son?.

Offline sal shuel

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 16:07 GMT (UK) »
The little boy belonged to Holton's brother James who had five children. Holton was a professional uncle. He spent a lot of his time living in Smithfield, Dublin and sharing his home with three of his nieces, daughters all of them of his sisters in law.

Nice to find someone else who has tried. My family consider me to be nuts.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 30 October 13 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Ditto

Offline peterjharris

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Saturday 19 December 15 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Its looks like Holton DAVIN married Marie Elizabeth TESSIER nee MORRISON although I cannot find a marriage record.
Marie Elizabeth DAVIN died in December 1/4 1884, age 44 (Ref: Dublin North 2 402).
In the 1901 Census, Holton DAVIN (49, Distiller, Widower), was living at house 21 in Smithfield (Arran Quay, Dublin), with Step Daughters, Jane DAVIN (39) and Adelaide TESSIER (35), Niece, Rebecca MORRISON (30), and Servants, Martha DALY (76, Cook Domestic) and Mary CONRAN (Housemaid Domestic).
Adelaide TESSIER was Marie's daughter with her first husband, William Henry Cecil TESSIER so although I cannot find a marriage of Marie to Holton, the fact that Marie's daughter, Adelaide appears in the 1901 census as a step daughter to Holton is I believe sufficient proof of his marriaage to Marie.

Peter Harris :P

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Saturday 19 December 15 20:10 GMT (UK) »
Have you got his Will
you can order a copy here
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/search-the-archives/

this man appears to have been his executor
James A Davin
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Dublin/Pembroke_East/Ailesbury_Road/45867/

Offline jennigal923

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Monday 09 January 17 02:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Rev Morrisson's father was Benjamin Morrisson. From Belfast Newsletter Tuesday 7 May 1867-

May 3, Mr Benjamin Morrisson, Portadown, father of the Rev. S G Morrison, of Dublin, aged 65 years.

I suspect that Benjamin also had a son named Benjamin Morrisson who married Martha Cave of Lurgan, Armagh. They had 7 children, none of whom seem to have survived passed 1911 (if the census record for the couple is correct.). They had 3 sons named Benjamin, a son William and another named Robert. Still searching for the others. Martha Cave is my relative via marriage.

Online Wexflyer

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Not Crown Copyright
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Monday 09 January 17 07:27 GMT (UK) »
Can someone explain why this is in the Wexford Board, and not Dublin, or the general Ireland Board?
BRENNANx2 Davidstown/Taghmon,Ballybrennan; COOPER St.Helens;CREAN Raheennaskeagh/Ballywalter;COSGRAVE Castlebridge?;CULLEN Lady's Island;CULLETON Forth Commons;CURRAN Hillbrook, Wic;DOYLE Clonee/Tombrack;FOX Knockbrandon; FURLONG Moortown;HAYESx2 Walsheslough/Wex;McGILL Litter;MORRIS Forth Commons;PIERCE Ladys Island;POTTS Bennettstown;REDMOND Gerry; ROCHEx2 Wex; ROCHFORD Ballysampson/Ballyhit;SHERIDAN Moneydurtlow; SINNOTT Wex;SMYTH Gerry/Oulart;WALSH Kilrane/Wex; WHITE Tagoat area

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Monday 09 January 17 08:50 GMT (UK) »
Can someone explain why this is in the Wexford Board, and not Dublin, or the general Ireland Board?
... because this thread started off, in 2006, looking for a Rev. Morrison in Dublin  :)
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!