Author Topic: cellan, cardiganshire  (Read 2207 times)

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
cellan, cardiganshire
« on: Sunday 24 December 06 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Anyone related to Ty Mawr, Cellan early C19th?
My interests are the Watkins family of Llangyfelach Swansea, C19, originally from the Gower.  Also Williams (stone masons) originally from Caio parish in the C19th.  Additionally looking at the Richards/Davies family of Cwmbyr Farm, Talley, Carmarthenshire C19th and early C20th.  any info helpful

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline RuthieB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: cellan, cardiganshire
« Reply #1 on: Monday 25 December 06 17:31 GMT (UK) »
No, but tell more and I'll ask my landlady who lives in Cellan.

RuthieB  in Lampeter
Jones, Mantle; Radnorshire
Russell, Stonehouse, Agar; Yorkshire/Durham
Brown; Durham,   Little, Cumberland
Morris, Woolley, Owens; Montgomeryshire.

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline nigelw

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: cellan, cardiganshire
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 27 December 06 10:32 GMT (UK) »
My great great great grandfaher I think was a Joseph Davies  who  lived in Tanygaer Isaf in the 1830- 1840s.  There is also a Rachel Davies and Joseph Davies Ty Mawr buried in the churchyard. She died around 1790 and he died around 1830. When my great greatgrandmother Mary Davies married in Cellan Church in 1829 one of the persons present was a David Davies , Ty Mawr.

regards

Nigel
My interests are the Watkins family of Llangyfelach Swansea, C19, originally from the Gower.  Also Williams (stone masons) originally from Caio parish in the C19th.  Additionally looking at the Richards/Davies family of Cwmbyr Farm, Talley, Carmarthenshire C19th and early C20th.  any info helpful