Author Topic: Alexander Smith Orkney Census 1821  (Read 1710 times)

Offline CJW

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Alexander Smith Orkney Census 1821
« on: Tuesday 26 December 06 09:57 GMT (UK) »
The 1821 Orkney census has in the household of Walter Rosie a Benjamin Smith Cooper born in Watten son of Alexander Smith and Rachel Sutherland) and an Alexander Smith aged 1 year!  I am desperately trying to find out who Alexander Smith belongs to! is it Benjamin? he married Margaret Allan (can't find a marriage) and had 9 children all on Burray Orkney.
I am trying to find out if Benjamin is
Gibson, McKenzie & Elliot,- Northumberland & Montrose
Smith, Sutherland,McKay- Watten Caithness
 Gorie, Dishon, Allan, Smith, Tait & Clouston - Orkney
Downie and McDonald Allen & Adam- Ross & Lanark
Buchanan, McFarlane - Stirling & Dumbarton
Cornall, Thompson, Hoole,Gillow,Catterall -Lancashire

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Betty Boo

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander Smith Orkney Census 1821
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 December 06 06:09 GMT (UK) »
Hi CJW,

Where did you get an 1821 census??  As far as I know only the 1841 upwards every 10 years to 1901 is available.

Wooow they had a few children, noticed that on IGI.    Benjamin was born 1791 in Watten, Caithness, Scotland

Elizabeth

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.