Author Topic: Pedro Alfred Vinals Vernal  (Read 9123 times)

Offline Javier

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Pedro Alfred Vinals Vernal
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 24 June 18 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Greco2!

I'm Javier Vargas from Chile.
I speak a little english and i used the translator ... My great-grandfather was Ranón Viñals Hollingworth, father of my maternal grandmother. He was born in Edinburgh. He lived in the city of Puerto Montt, in the south of Chile.
I think it could be your grandfather's brother.
I have little information, only the death certificate, a photo, and some stories of my grandmother who unfortunately died years ago.
It would be a pleasure to share more information.

I believe this gentleman was my grandfather. He was employed as a corkmaker in a small island off the coast of Chile. I am the daughter of the late Salvador Vinals Vernal who was born in Chile 12 July1899. My father was of the second marriage of Pedro to Helen Cessford. He was the eldest of 7 children born of this marriage. Two siblings died in infancy - Isabelle and Evelyn.  My dad, along with his mother and siblings Richard, Victoria and Lillian (twins) and Frances travelled to New Zealand by sea some time around 1915. The family had left from England to make this trip earlier but my grandfather died of a burst appendix and was buried at sea.

My dad spoke with very warm memories of his step brother Ramon whom he lost contact with. He always wondered where he was and named his firstborn son after him. My dad passed away on 20 March 1996 four months short of his 97th birthday.

Offline Kurow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 24 June 18 13:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Javier

You will get a surprise to hear from me, I am also an ancestor of Pedro Vinals, who was the father of your great grandfather Ranon and the stepsister of Ranon, who we have known as Alfred Raymond Lewis Vinals.

You have many relatives scattered around through New Zealand, Australia, England and possibly Scotland.
 Perhaps you could tell me the sort of information you are looking for and I can help.

Can you tell me anything else that happened in Chile when Pedro, Helen and the children were over there.  Pedro and Helen took some of the children from Pedros marriage to Margaret Hollingworth with them and some of my family were born in Chile to them as well. We have no photos of Pedro at all and none taken in Chile.

I am not sure if Greco2 is still online

Robyn
Lilley, New Zealand and England
Morton, New Zealand and Scotland
Wijnveld, New Zealand, Australia and Holland
Vernal / Vinals, England, Chile and Spain
Flint, New Zealand, Australia, Scotland
O"Meara, New Zealand and Ireland
White, New Zealand, Scotland
Cessford/Sessford, England

Offline Javier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 June 18 02:56 BST (UK) »

Hello Robyn!
Nice to meet you.
2 years ago I visited England and Scotland (Edinburgh) .. at that time I tried to find out about the ancestors of the family (my mother was especially interested).
My great-grandfather Ramón lived until the early 60's and his brother Alfredo lived until 1971. Unfortunately he never had contact with his family.
My grandmother was called Andrea Viñals Velásquez and had 4 brothers, all of them died many years ago. She told me some things about her family and her desire to have known them.
She knew of relatives in the city of concepción (chile) and in Brazil.. From this country they visited it once, relatives who were on vacation in the 90s.
Personally I find it interesting to be able to contact descendants of the family and know something of the family history.
I do not know if I can post a photo .. I'll try.

I appreciate your response, and I could investigate more information ..
We are in contact!..

Javier

Hi Javier

You will get a surprise to hear from me, I am also an ancestor of Pedro Vinals, who was the father of your great grandfather Ranon and the stepsister of Ranon, who we have known as Alfred Raymond Lewis Vinals.

You have many relatives scattered around through New Zealand, Australia, England and possibly Scotland.
 Perhaps you could tell me the sort of information you are looking for and I can help.

Can you tell me anything else that happened in Chile when Pedro, Helen and the children were over there.  Pedro and Helen took some of the children from Pedros marriage to Margaret Hollingworth with them and some of my family were born in Chile to them as well. We have no photos of Pedro at all and none taken in Chile.

Robyn

Offline Javier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 25 June 18 03:23 BST (UK) »
here a link with my great grandfather's picture:
http://subefotos.com/ver/?6cdae009bc35b04c8e42189aa6d5a1cbo.jpg

Hello Robyn!
Nice to meet you.
2 years ago I visited England and Scotland (Edinburgh) .. at that time I tried to find out about the ancestors of the family (my mother was especially interested).
My great-grandfather Ramón lived until the early 60's and his brother Alfredo lived until 1971. Unfortunately he never had contact with his family.
My grandmother was called Andrea Viñals Velásquez and had 4 brothers, all of them died many years ago. She told me some things about her family and her desire to have known them.
She knew of relatives in the city of concepción (chile) and in Brazil.. From this country they visited it once, relatives who were on vacation in the 90s.
Personally I find it interesting to be able to contact descendants of the family and know something of the family history.
I do not know if I can post a photo .. I'll try.

I appreciate your response, and I could investigate more information ..
We are in contact!..

Javier

Hi Javier

Robyn

Offline Kurow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 25 June 18 04:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Javier

Here is a copy of the 1891 Scotland census

Census
1891 • Cockpen, Midlothian, Scotland

Pedro Vinals, aged 29 head, Cork Merchant born Spain
 Margaret Vinals, aged 27 wife, born Perth
Alfred Vinals aged 4 son, born Leith
Ranion Vinals aged 3 son, born Leith
 Constance aged 1 daughter, born Leith

Offline Javier

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 25 June 18 14:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks Robyn!

Javier.

Hi Javier

Here is a copy of the 1891 Scotland census

Census
1891 • Cockpen, Midlothian, Scotland

Pedro Vinals, aged 29 head, Cork Merchant born Spain
 Margaret Vinals, aged 27 wife, born Perth
Alfred Vinals aged 4 son, born Leith
Ranion Vinals aged 3 son, born Leith
 Constance aged 1 daughter, born Leith

Offline Kurow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 02:59 BST (UK) »
Hi Javier

Alfred enlisted for ww2 in May 1908 under the name of Alfred Cessford, he later changed his name to Alfred Vinals.  His residence was Red Lion Road, Bloomsberry, England

Regards Robyn

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 09:13 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat Javier.

Kurow first posted this in 2007 and you now making contact is one reason we don't remove topics.

As you both have enough posts, you may want to exchange information such as email addresses on the personal message system

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline Kurow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday 26 June 18 09:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Dawn

Thanks for your reply.  I have made contact with Javier through the message boards and will exchange information with him now.

Thanks Robyn