Author Topic: Searching for info...  (Read 6939 times)

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 2x Gt Grandmother, Catherine M Turner
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for info...
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 03 February 07 23:37 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bunny
Wow that is really nice of you! Hmm those Fosters were very crafty in hiding their tracks weren't they. I have nothing except their names and what i have learnt in this post! I have written to my grandmother who is their daughter and am waiting for a reply (taking a while!). She should be able to tell me abit about her folks yet i have never talked to her (as i was a baby when she was in contact with my mother) so who knows if she will be interested in telling me! Dad seems more interested in the Truelove side (he loved his grandmother Muriel very much) and has not even mentioned the Foster side! 

So fingers crossed that something will pop up as they seem very mysterious and interesting to me now!  ;D Same with the Carlton line. (I don't think i knew what i was getting myself into with starting this family research...so much fun and very addictive!)

Cat

Bishop:  Sussex, New Zealand<br />Henwood:  England<br />Harris: London; Smith, Leicestershire <br />Chandler: Sussex<br />Truelove: Surrey, New Zealand<br />Blackburn: Lancashire<br />Carlton: Australia, NZ, Bristol, Ireland <br />Foster:NZ, Queensland, Yorkshire,<br />Marshall: Yorkshire, Lancashire <br />Cannon:Ireland to NZ<br />Turner:England<br />Farquharson: Scotland, Australia<br />Durward: Scotland<br <br />Johnston: Australia, Cumberland, Dumfries <br />Gearon: Ireland,NZ

Offline C_Bishop

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 2x Gt Grandmother, Catherine M Turner
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 08 February 07 05:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi!

I have some news on the Foster side! I received a letter from my grandmother today and it turns out my father wrote the wrong names in my baby book Tree.  >:(

My gt grandfather wasn't Edgar Foster, his name was actually Edward Foster. And his wife was Edna Marshall, not Edna Walker! They had 8 children! I can only name 3 as the rest are living.
Their names are: Edward, Donald and Peter.

Some great news is that my grandmother also gave me my gt gt grandparents names! They are:
George Foster
Winefred Cannon.
They had 5 children, one may be alive still as she didn't write 'deceased' beside the name.
Their names are: Hazel, Leslie, Joan, and of course Edward.

So that may be why they were so hard to find! Because Edgar and Edna (marshall) didn't exist! I am very sorry for wasteing your time on those 2!  :-[
I'm meeting my father tomorrow, i can't remember meeting him before, but i am going to give him a big telling off!

My grandmother was only able to tell me one thing about the Carlton side and that is that Alan and Muriel had another son Keith. Don't ask where Jack came from  ::)

Otherwise she didn't tell me anything else, no dates or facts. I may have to ask her more questions to get that!

Sorry once again for the wasted searches! I appreciate all the time you guys put in!

Thank you
Cat ;D
Bishop:  Sussex, New Zealand<br />Henwood:  England<br />Harris: London; Smith, Leicestershire <br />Chandler: Sussex<br />Truelove: Surrey, New Zealand<br />Blackburn: Lancashire<br />Carlton: Australia, NZ, Bristol, Ireland <br />Foster:NZ, Queensland, Yorkshire,<br />Marshall: Yorkshire, Lancashire <br />Cannon:Ireland to NZ<br />Turner:England<br />Farquharson: Scotland, Australia<br />Durward: Scotland<br <br />Johnston: Australia, Cumberland, Dumfries <br />Gearon: Ireland,NZ

Offline Slangridge

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 12 July 18 02:08 BST (UK) »
I think we are related ! I’m the great grand daughter of Laura Smith (born 1865) one of her children was my great aunt Lydia Victoria (Daisy)