Author Topic: 1851 Warwickshire look-up please.  (Read 4126 times)

Offline ezekiel

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'Living in the Land Down Under '
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Warwickshire look-up please.
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 09 January 07 22:34 GMT (UK) »
The George I wrote of was the brother of Gayton Mansfield Summerton, who is the one you picked up christened in  Much Hadham 1809 as was this brother George in 1812. Both of these were 'shoemakers' by trade.
I have the 1841 Census with  Mansfield on it, living with his mother Ann, 'shoemaker's wife' crossed out on the FreeCen transcript but on the FindMy Past transcript it does not have this for Ann. I don't have the original image yet.
I cannot find Gayton Mansfield Summerton Snr on any Census in the UK  or Scottish even for 1841 under any spelling or combo of names.  Ann Summerton/Somerton - nee HARDY formerly wife of Charles COLLINGRIDGE. md Charles 27 Nov 1827 Elsworh Cambridge.
Ann and Gayton Mansfield Summerton md in Banbury  April 21 1842 and  emigrated in Sep 1842 for Oz aboard the Apoline. I have the mge cert.

I do have Gayton SUMERTON jnr on the 1841 living with/staying with his uncle George Sumerton and his Aunt Eliza Sumerton in Whales St, Kings Sutton.Dist Brackley. No sign of his father Gayton.

I have this little 5yr old Gayton's death cert - he died of fever aged 6 yrs on 7th Dec 1841 at Neithrop Dist of Banbury, son of Gayton Summerton - shoemaker ,with an X for the mark of Gayton Summerton, [occupier] of Neithrop as Informant of death.

I have sent off to GRO for the birth cert of Mansfield but living in Oz, it takes several weeks to get here. :(

Unfortunately, I an still no nearer to solving this mystery of where Gayton Mansfield Summerton was on the 1841 Census night and it looks as though he and Ann had these children out of 'wedlock'.
Pulling hair still with this lot.
Don't know if it makes the situation any clearer for others to maybe offer suggestions as to what to do next. I wish the Post was as fast as the Internet!
 :'(
GOURLAY; GRAY; HALLIDAY; WILKINSON; NORRIS; AIKEN/AITKEN; SIMPSON; MAHAREY; FIFE;SUMMERTON/SUMERTON/SOMERTON; MANSFIELD; FATHERS;HARDY/HARDEY; NICKS; WILLIAMS; THOMAS; LUDLOW; SYNNETT and others.

Offline ruthj

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 March 17 16:24 GMT (UK) »
Gayton Somerton Ann Collingridge lived in Fritwell and had a baby before they married - there is a very snippy entry by the curate:  he comments on the fact that Ann's husband has left and she is openly living with the child's father, it is available on ancestry - I was looking up family in the village and stumble across the entry and could not resist googling to see what happened.  I was not surprised that they emigrated, and wonder whether the first husband had actually died - anyway hope this helps you piece some more information together
Ruth

Offline Colin Y

• -
  • RootsChat Senior
  • Uncle Fred - England 1908 - POW 1914-19 - Bilbao
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 13 April 18 15:08 BST (UK) »
Hello Bob?

I wonder if you can help me, please?

I am trying to find out some basic data about my Gt Gt grandfather Charles PARKER.

What I know :

Birth 1800 - possibly in Middlesex London,
Baptism: there is a record of 28 July 1800 where a Charles Parker and his sibling William were baptised at St Martins in the Bull Ring, Birmingham. IGI Batch C010728
Marriage: to Mary Harbidge on 4th Aug 1831 at St Bartholomew's, Edgbaston, Birmingham
child: Mary Hannah Parker born 1832
CP died 18 Feb 1852 at is home "Gravelly Cottage, Lichfield Road, Erdington, Birmingham"
He was Buried (we understand) on 25 Feb 1852 at St Barnabas Church Erdington
Indentured Apprentice Brassfounder 1815-22 to Wm & Thos Powell of Birmingham
Occupation: Military Ornament Manufacturer of 42 Cherry Street (@1852)

What I don't know and am looking for ;-) :

His location for the 1841 or 1851 censuses
His parents - names, dates etc.
His place of birth -
How he died... at 53

I have tried all the usual places without success.

Id much appreciate any help you can give me.

Colin
YARWOOD in Warks/Ches but also London, Northants, Lincs, USA and Australia.
PENTLAND in Warks/Staffs/Yorks, Arm IRL: Chch NZ post 1884 and SCO pre 1800.
COLLINS aka COLLERIN , GALLAGHER & COX [RC] Highgate, Small Heath, Birmingham 1840-, Mayo IRL bef.
FRYER/FRIAR Lurgan Armagh, Edin & Glasgow SCO
BROOKES WH & WFP RA WW1 & 2
NEWSON & 'WATTS' Felixstow SFK, NZ,
HORTON, Surgn  Warwicks. FORTESCUE
PARKER, Charles, 1800-1853 Milit.Ornament Manuf. Aston, Gravelly Hill, Birmingham,