Author Topic: Smyth of Woodbridge, Suffolk  (Read 3234 times)

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Smyth of Woodbridge, Suffolk
« on: Friday 19 November 04 03:20 GMT (UK) »
my 7x great grandmother, Joanna/Joan/Joanne was a young widow with a son when she married my 7x great grandfather, Peter Cross(e). her son's name was Augustin. we do not know her first husband was, or where either they or their son were from. Augustin died in 1668 in Woodbridge, Joanna died 21 Jan 1687 in Woodbridge.
I would love to find anything regarding this family.
I checked for Augustin at FamilySearch.org but could not identify mine as being among the 6 listings-3 were married, so that brings it down to 3 vague possibilities.
I've also checked EnglishOrigins and Ancestry.com for either of her marriages, but they do not show up.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
Re: Smyth of Woodbridge, Suffolk
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 30 December 04 23:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Neko

Are you doing a One Name Study on the entire family name or are you just after information on these particular individuals?  :)

If the latter is the case I will gladly move the post for you to a more relevant board which may help to generate a response for you.   Please let me have any information on possible locations (County etc.) so I can place it in the right board.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Neko

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 30 December 04 23:58 GMT (UK) »
hi, Ticker,
thanks for asking. yes, I'm trying to find the individual-or more specifically, his marriage to my 6x great grandmother in hopes of learning her maiden name. they had a son, and Mr. Smyth died. the son was Augustin and he lived to 15 years of age. Augustus' mother Johannah married shortly after his birth to my 6x great grandfather Peter Cross. I have much more than this information (though not on the Smyths), it's just an overview of the family.
Cornelia
sad to say I haven't got any connections from this site, and haven't heard from anyone through this site since well before Thanksgiving. except maybe my Yorks research, but that didn't pan out.
Airey Aitken Atkinson Alston Barr*tt Cross Freeman Gage Harlock Harris Hawkins Head Hudd Parker Peckover Pennington Rayner Richards Seaman Smith Smyth Waterfall

Elizabeth Burnham, Mary Church, John Davis Cooper, Hannah Cork, Aubrey Cross, Mary J. Docwra, Elizabeth Griffiths, Chas Halifax, John Head, Lavinia King, Mary & Martha Mayhew, Alfred Augustus Mayo, Wm Pettit, Hezekiah Richards, Martha Sewell, Rebecca Sidnell, Hannah Smith, Augustin Smyth, Annie Southan, Catherine Till/Tell, Fanny Watt

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 31 December 04 00:20 GMT (UK) »
Hi again Neko

Sorry you haven't had much response.  I'll move the post to a different board - and hopefully that will help.

Good luck

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk