Author Topic: St Lawrence Ipswich PRs - Robert SPARROW  (Read 1231 times)

Offline barbarai

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
St Lawrence Ipswich PRs - Robert SPARROW
« on: Wednesday 10 January 07 09:50 GMT (UK) »
Hello,  I was wondering wether somebody could help me with a bit of a puzzle with my Sparrow line.

I have a Mary Ann Sparrow b.1822 Lambeth, Surrey to Robert and Mary. On Mary Ann's marriage certificate in 1843 her father is recorded as a Starch Maker, deceased.
I believe i may have found Mary Ann in 1841 living with a Mary Keene and family in London. The reason that i believe it to be her is that a witness on her marriage certificate is a James Keen.
 On further research into Mary Keene i found that her maiden name is Sparrow and she was born in 1796 in St. Lawrence Ipswich to John and Alicia. I thought she may be Robert's brother. Looking at the IGI, (which doesn't include St. Lawrence), i came accross 6 more children, their baptisms having been sent in by a submitter, which obviously i don't want to take as 100% accurate as i have come across many mistakes on other occasions.
The first three children were baptised in St. James Bury St. Edmunds  in 1777, 1783 and 1786 the rest in Ipswich between 1789 and 1796. None of which are Robert, but as there is a large gap between the first two children i thought maybe that he could have been born then or after the last child in 1796.
I was hoping that somebody may be able to do a look up for Robert  in the parish register for me as i am unable to travel to Suffolk for the next few months.
Thank you
Barbarai
Phillips- monmouthshire & Kent, Ilsley- Berkshire & London, Reed- Lambeth & London, Drake- London, Eke- Norfolk, Martin-London,Gilson- Essex, Hubbard-Suffolk, Pevan-Russia, Gordon-I.O.W & Kent, Richardson-London & Essex, Willis-Bristol & London, Arthur -Devon & London, Burch-Beds & Herts., Bunce-Bucks & Herts, Hewey- London.