Author Topic: Historic Map Works  (Read 5672 times)

Offline Ohio Susan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Historic Map Works
« on: Friday 12 January 07 15:58 GMT (UK) »
Interesting

Historic Map Works is a collection of 19th and early 20th century American city, town, and county maps. The detailed maps show every building and every street in each city or town. Each single-dwelling home contains the name of the family who resided there, either on or beside the building on the map. Apartment complexes contained the property owner's name.

http://www.historicmapworks.com

Susan
SCHOFIELD - Lancashire, Manchester, Oldham

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline yn9man

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Historic Map Works
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 13 January 07 06:53 GMT (UK) »
Ohio Susan -

Great site. Thanks for sharing. Will add to my list of map sites.

yn9man
Scotland - Adam, Galt/Gault, Mellis, Jardine, Turnbull, Robertson, Auchincloss, Murray, Allison, Mitchell, Cross, Rae, Brown, Younie, McHutcheon, Montgomerie, McKenzie, Mackay, McPherson, McInish

England - Saunders, Jory, McKey, Williams/ Wyllams,  Lance, Ellis, Trounson, Dingle, Charlton, Hambridge, Sweetman/Sweatman, Ricks/Rix, Cole, Shearwood, Toy, Brooks, Moore, Dunn/Donn, Nicolas, Habberfield,

Denmark - Alling/Aalling, Lastein, Lund, Rasmussen

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline KathMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Historic Map Works
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 13 January 07 11:55 GMT (UK) »
Susan,

Great site. I look forward to playing around on it, and I hope they add more places.

Kath
Sligo: Davey (also Mayo), McCluskey, McNulty
Wexford and Staffordshire: Hayes, McClean
Galway and Staffordshire: Scott
Coventry: Wells, Collins, Palmer, Moody, Beck, Mickelwright, Husbands
Ireland: McNulty (Sligo), Kealy, Murphy (Carlow) Connolly, Gillen, Powell, Ryan, Moore, Martin
Davis from I don't know where originally
Stahl, Russia to England to USA