Author Topic: Amesbury baptisms  (Read 2127 times)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Amesbury baptisms
« on: Tuesday 16 January 07 14:43 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone point me in the right direction for baptisms in Amesbury c1800?
I am looking for members of the 'Waters' family Especially Henry bc1801. Possibly a James and Philip also.

Many thanks

Penninah  ???
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline nicky c

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Amesbury baptisms
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 11:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I living in salisbury which is a few miles away from Amesbury , can be of any help
                                 Nicky

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Re: Amesbury baptisms
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 January 07 15:06 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for members of the 'Waters' family. I believe they were all Farmers of between 170 and 1690 acres. The 3 chaps plus 2 other possibles i have found where all born in Amesbury according to the 1851 census but there are no records for Amesbury on the igi which is a shame. I am not sure there is much that you may be able to help me with perhaps a look around the churchyard  for stones if there are any. The 5 men in total i have all found had by the 51 moved to other places in Wiltshire- Robert to Boscombe, Henry to Titchfield, John to Wylye, James to Ludgershall(who was a Sawyer) and Phillip who was in the Army was a visitor on the census to Henry so perhaps a brother?? Are these places anywhere near Amesbury?

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks

Penninah  :D
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright