Author Topic: Robert TYSER  (Read 16703 times)

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert TYSER
« on: Tuesday 16 January 07 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just discovered that Robert Tyser, M.D. of Tiverton in Devon married Arabella Maria Bayley at Chatham, Kent on the 25th May 1819.

If anyone has a connection with this family I'd be more than happy to share information.

Jayson
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Tyser
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 06 September 07 12:42 BST (UK) »
Hi just seen your message. I have Maria Sarah Tyser, born in Tiverton 1816, daughter of a doctor, who I believe moved to Pembury in Kent (we have a sampler stitched by Maria as a child, with the address Harcourt House, Pembury).

She married 1837 Colonel John Thomas Smith, of the East India Company marine and had five sons and eight daughters.

But I know nothing about the Tyser family. Can you fill me in - do you think it could be the same family (Tiverton is still relatively small)?

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 06 September 07 18:15 BST (UK) »
Hi

From what you have said I'm convinced that it is the same family?  Unfortunately, though, I haven't any further details regarding Robert Tyser or  the family from whom he was descended.

Do you have the name of Maria Sarah's father? Was it Robert Tyser? I see that Maria was born in 1816, which would mean that she couldn't possibly have been Arabella's daughter.  I wonder if Arabella was Robert's second wife? The details of Robert and Arabella's marriage I acquired from the IGI and an edition of The Times newspaper (dated 27 May 1819) online.  The Kent connection is also interesting as Robert and Arabella married there.

Robert's wife, Arabella Maria Bayley, was born (2 Aug 1790) in Nantwich in Cheshire.  She was the youngest child of Peter Baylay 1742-1803, attorney at law, and Sarah Tomkinson.  Her only other surviving sibling (an elder brother) was Peter Bayley who was a poet.  He died in London in 1823.

I was quite pleased to find Arabella's marriage as I originally thought she had died as I couldn't find anything more on her apart from her being mentioned in her father's will.

http://www.oxforddnb.com/view/article/1754

The above link will tell you more about Arabella's brother.  Hope this has been of some interest?

Jayson

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 September 07 12:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the message: if i discover anything else  I will let you know (if I can remember where I found you!).

Georgina

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 12 March 09 11:58 GMT (UK) »
More news! Robert Tyser had three wives, the first was just Emily (no other data), the next, Maria Walter, he married 5 October 1805 at St. Andrew Undershaft, London and they had three sons, Henry 1805, George 1806, John 1811, and Louisa 1812 and Maria 1816. Mother Maria died in 1815. Robert married Arabella Bayley in 1819.
Robert was the son of Thomas Tyser 1746-1816, a builder i nBarking Essex and Sarah Dorman 1748-1828. There were 11 children. If it's of interest let me know and I will copy more. It goes further back too.

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 March 09 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Wow!  :D Thanks for sharing this with me, Georgina.  Yes, would live to know more about Robert Tyser, and his family when you have a minute to spare.

So Robert wasn't form Tiverton but from Essex? Or is it Kent? How interesting! They seemed to have moved around a fair bit.

Did you know that his third wife, Arabella, died in France? I was looking at wills on the National Archives site and found this:

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documentsonline/details-result.asp?Edoc_Id=260699&queryType=1&resultcount=1

Jayson

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 April 09 13:06 BST (UK) »
Sorry, family history is so time consuming and sometimes there just isn't time! I have another contact, through Genes Reunited, who is a direct descendent of Robert Tyser. His tree is there but there's no way of copying it to you, unfortunately. He's offered to send me a file on the family, which I can forward to you when I get it. I will try and photograph Maria's portrait when I'm in England in May.

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 April 09 15:17 BST (UK) »
Please, don't feel the need to apologize! I understand completely. I enjoy researching but, like you, I don't always have enough time.  I think I would need more than one life to follow up all the interests I have.

Jayson  :)

Offline Eyesee

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 07 April 09 00:56 BST (UK) »
Robert and Arabella's marriage at Chatham St Mary

http://www.rootschat.com/links/060k/

Looks like a relative is one of the witnesses, but the other one is one of the Parish professional witnesses.

Ian C
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk