Author Topic: Robert TYSER  (Read 16752 times)

Offline aj689

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert TYSER
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 29 July 09 13:09 BST (UK) »
Dear Jayson, and all

The family has some volumes written by Robert Tyser's elder brother, Thomas (of Barking, Essex) where he talks of Robert and Arabella Maria going to Cheshire to visit 'his estate'.  TT also transcribes a couple of letters from AMT, written from Normandy in 1819 and 1820, which mostly talk about Paris, going into raptures about Raphael, for instance, or the Catacombs;  but she also mentions

"...Our arrival in England, depends on my Brothers summons, and we are at last, thank God, going amicably to divide the Estates, which will considerably enhance the value of our Portion"

and

"We took him, when he was a month old to Guernsey, where he was christened by the united names of Tyser and Bayley, we did not enter him here at the Mayoralty (which I believe in fact, we were oblidged to do) but proceeded immediately, for a British Island, for as all our small landed Property is entailed, it may be of the last importance to him at some future day to have an easy access to his Register"

this last, and also a reference to his cutting a tooth (!) makes it probable that Robert Bayley Tyser was born in 1820, but I have not yet found confirmation of this christening.

Antonia

ps TT doesn't seem ever to go up to Cheshire with his brother, so I have no clues as to Mrs Whiffin.

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 30 July 09 17:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Antonia

How interesting! Do you have the sources for these references so I could get "hard" copies?

Jay
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline aj689

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 30 July 09 18:21 BST (UK) »
The Thomas Tyser volumes that I refer to are still owned by my Tyser family, and they are manuscript - I'll append a jpeg of a page.  However we only have 3, and he mentions completing his 9th; who knows where the others are?

Antonia

Offline Jayson

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 03 August 09 15:56 BST (UK) »
Thank you very much, Antonia, for sharing this with me.  I hadn't realised they (the vols) were still in the family's possession!

It's wonderful to be able to read Arabella's words here.  Her brother was Peter Bayley (1778-1823).  He was a poet, and seems to have spent most of his life in London where he died on on his way to the theatre on the 23 Jan 1823.  I'm hoping to find his burial! But where does one begin to Start!

Jay
"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline KaeDee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Friday 28 August 09 10:27 BST (UK) »
Robert Bayley Tyser died 19 Oct 1854 at Pakowhia, Ahuriri from Consumption. His death was recorded at NZ Records Office in 1855. My source of information was  "Shipping Records" in a newspaper.  He married Emily Isabella FitzGerald on 20 September 1849 at Woodlands - the home of her younger brother Thomas Henry FitzGerald of Khandallah (now a suburb of Wellington).
I have located three children
- Peter Tyser (birth date not known). Known to be alive and well when his mother passed away in 1861.  Father Reigner at the Meeanee Mission became his guardian.
- Elizabeth (Bessie) Ann Tyser was born in Wellington, NZ in 1851 and educated in Wellington with her cousin Mary FitzGerald. Her uncle Thomas FitzGerald seems to have taken on the responsibility for her. In 1872 she married William MacCartney.
- Robert Henry Tyser was baptised at Pakowhai on the 15 Aug 1854.

Emily Tyser passed away "after a short but severe illness" on 21 August 1861, in Napier, New Zealand. I cannot find a grave for Emily Tyser at the Napier cemetery and presume her brother Thomas Henry FitzGerald took her to Pakowhai to be buried with her husband Robert Bayley Tyser.

Pakowhai located on the Ngaruroro River has flooded numerous times and changed course several times. Locating the graves will be difficult and may not be possible.
Kilgour - New Zealand
Colledge - New Zealand
Smith - Ararua, New Zeland
Craven - Nottingham & Calais, France - to New Zealand
Fletcher - Kent, England to Onehunga, New Zealand

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Robert TYSER born 1779
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 01 February 15 17:27 GMT (UK) »
I made a bit of a breakthrough this week:  I discovered that Robert's third wife Arabella Bayley was a married woman (to William Prockter Thomas in 1811). This marriage was dissolved in 1819 via the Exeter Episcopal Court, Somerset Assizes, before landing before the Lords and Commons as a Bill presented by the Earl of Shaftesbury, which finally passed the Commons on 12 May 1819.
If you are interested type in "Prockter Thomas divorce" and then you get Journals of the House of Lords in Google Books which you can follow through (luckily Prockter is v unusual spelling: he was a landowner in the Tiverton/Wellington area and a man of the church: whilst he took afternoon services they got to know each other, as you can read in the evidence.
Arabella and Robert married on (?) 24th May 1819 in Chatham, probably en route for Jersey/Guernsey, where their son Robert Bayley Tyser was born either that year or the following one. I am still piecing it together.
What happened to the children of Arabella and Prockter Thomas?
And what happened to the five children of Robert and Maria Walter? In Thomas Tyser's journal he mentions that Robert visited his children in 1820.
My gt gt gt grandmother, the youngest, Maria Sarah Tyser, sewed a sampler in 1819 giving the address of Harcourt House, Pembury, Kent. In Robert's biography the address 2 Paradise Row in Stoke Newington also crops up early and late - was that the home of the Walter family? Did they look after the young children when Robert left for exile in France? He died at Paradise Row in 1840, after Arabella had died in 1838 in Dijon, France.
Antonia's journals would be useful here !

Offline KaeDee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 February 15 22:06 GMT (UK) »
Thank you Hamburger.
Kilgour - New Zealand
Colledge - New Zealand
Smith - Ararua, New Zeland
Craven - Nottingham & Calais, France - to New Zealand
Fletcher - Kent, England to Onehunga, New Zealand

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 02 February 15 01:27 GMT (UK) »
And what happened to the five children of Robert and Maria Walter?

Henry bp 6 May 1808 St George, Hanover Square
married by licence 6 Nov 1834 St Mary Magdalene, Woolwich Charlotte Mary PARKYNS d/o Sir Thomas George Augustus PARKYNS Baronet ( 5th? google)

1841 HO107; Piece: 748; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Newton Dixton; County: Monmouthshire; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 3; Page: 20; Line: 20;

Charlotte Mary died 5 May 1858 Sardinia Probate 1st granted 6 June 1862 to Captain Percy Guillemard LLewellin SMITH Royal Engineers the nephew of one of the executors

1864 She is desc as formerly PARKYNS thentofore SMITH spinster

He died 1866 Probate to Georeg Walter TYSER nephew & Sir Thomas George Augustus PARKYNS Baronet ( 5th? google) presume his sister in law

Maria daughter of Robert married Captain John Thomas SMITH of Madras 1837 St John Hackney google

issue:
He married, on 27 June 1837, Maria Sarah, daughter of R. Tyser MD, and they had five sons and eight daughters. All their sons entered the navy or army.

Percy Guillemard LLewellin he appears to marry Ethel PARKYNS?? google

Louisa married 30 April 1839 Rev James GUILLEMART Vicar of Kirklinton Oxf she died 1840 Bicester ( NB James re married 1843 to another Louisa, Louisa Elizabeth

George Dormanb died 13 Mar 1888  married Maria MOULE 16 Sep 1835 Licence St John, Hackney Probate to 3 sons George Walter TYSER / William Haviside TYSER & Rev Edward Jarrett TYSER est £148919/2/2d

issue:

George Walter TYSER 1843 granted probate for Uncle Henry's will with Sir THomas PARKYNS died 21 Jan 1921

William Haviside  born 1845 died 30 June 1908 Probate Henry Erskin TYSER & Edward Wm BEAL
who was the sole executor on the death of 2nd Liutenant Battallion of the Black Watch Henry E 9 April 1917 nr Arass France

Henry Parkyns  born 1848 died 1880 a bachelor  father applied for Probate

Charles Robert  Tyser 1849 Sir Cahrles Robt TYSER died Italy 23 August 1926 grant to Walter Parkyns TYSER wife Lilian Adelaide who died December 1926

Maria Louisa C Tyser 1850 marries a John P RODGER

Julia  Henrietta 1852

Rev Edward Jarrett TYSER 1854 died 20 February `927 Probate to Midland Bank & Richard Edward Bruce BEAL

just found this which may help you further, may just confirm some of what I have found!

http://
caliendi.com/Beal/indiI283.html

Offline elzabels

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 02 February 15 01:28 GMT (UK) »
And what happened to the five children of Robert and Maria Walter?

Henry bp 6 May 1808 St George, Hanover Square
married by licence 6 Nov 1834 St Mary Magdalene, Woolwich Charlotte Mary PARKYNS d/o Sir Thomas George Augustus PARKYNS Baronet ( 5th? google)

1841 HO107; Piece: 748; Book: 2; Civil Parish: Newton Dixton; County: Monmouthshire; Enumeration District: 9; Folio: 3; Page: 20; Line: 20;

Charlotte Mary died 5 May 1858 Sardinia Probate 1st granted 6 June 1862 to Captain Percy Guillemard LLewellin SMITH Royal Engineers the nephew of one of the executors

1864 She is desc as formerly PARKYNS thentofore SMITH spinster

He died 1866 Probate to Georeg Walter TYSER nephew & Sir Thomas George Augustus PARKYNS Baronet ( 5th? google) presume his sister in law

Maria daughter of Robert married Captain John Thomas SMITH of Madras 1837 St John Hackney google

issue:
He married, on 27 June 1837, Maria Sarah, daughter of R. Tyser MD, and they had five sons and eight daughters. All their sons entered the navy or army.

Percy Guillemard LLewellin he appears to marry Ethel PARKYNS?? google

Louisa married 30 April 1839 Rev James GUILLEMART Vicar of Kirklinton Oxf she died 1840 Bicester ( NB James re married 1843 to another Louisa, Louisa Elizabeth

George Dormanb died 13 Mar 1888  married Maria MOULE 16 Sep 1835 Licence St John, Hackney Probate to 3 sons George Walter TYSER / William Haviside TYSER & Rev Edward Jarrett TYSER est £148919/2/2d

issue:

George Walter TYSER 1843 granted probate for Uncle Henry's will with Sir THomas PARKYNS died 21 Jan 1921

William Haviside  born 1845 died 30 June 1908 Probate Henry Erskin TYSER & Edward Wm BEAL
who was the sole executor on the death of 2nd Liutenant Battallion of the Black Watch Henry E 9 April 1917 nr Arass France

Henry Parkyns  born 1848 died 1880 a bachelor  father applied for Probate

Charles Robert  Tyser 1849 Sir Cahrles Robt TYSER died Italy 23 August 1926 grant to Walter Parkyns TYSER wife Lilian Adelaide who died December 1926

Maria Louisa C Tyser 1850 marries a John P RODGER

Julia  Henrietta 1852

Rev Edward Jarrett TYSER 1854 died 20 February `927 Probate to Midland Bank & Richard Edward Bruce BEAL

just found this which may help you further, may just confirm some of what I have found!

http://
caliendi.com/Beal/indiI283.html