Author Topic: Robert TYSER  (Read 16738 times)

Online HughC

• RootsChat Veteran
  • et patribus et posteritati
    • View Profile
Re: Robert TYSER
« Reply #27 on: Sunday 15 February 15 19:08 GMT (UK) »
No, Louisa m. (at St John, Hackney) the Rev. James Guillemard, vicar of Kirtlington: I don't believe there is a "Kirklington".  The Guillemards were former Huguenot refugees who had adopted the Anglican faith.
She did not die in Bicester, either, but of consumption at Kirtlington vicarage on 15 March 1840 and was buried in the churchyard.  It's possible she had just given birth to a stillborn child, which of course would have weakened her, but I admit that is conjecture.
Bagwell of Kilmore & Lisronagh, Co. Tipperary;  Beatty from Enniskillen;  Brown from Preston, Lancs.;  Burke of Ballydugan, Co. Galway;  Casement in the IoM and Co. Antrim;  Davison of Knockboy, Broughshane;  Frobisher;  Guillemard;  Harrison in Co. Antrim and Dublin;  Jones around Burton Pedwardine, Lincs.;  Lindesay of Loughry;  Newcomen of Camlagh, Co. Roscommon;  Shield;  Watson from Kidderminster;  Wilkinson from Leeds

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Tyser
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 18 October 17 17:55 BST (UK) »
Robert Tyser had three wives, the first was just Emily (no other data)
I have discovered the name of the first wife of Robert Tyser (not Emily). Her name was Maria Ball. She was born 27 March 1784 to Henry Ball and Sarah Beaver; she was christened at St Marylebone on 11 May 1784. She married Robert Tyser on 4 Feb 1804 at All Hallows, Barking By the Tower. She died aged only 20 - possibly in childbirth but so far no child found - and was buried 13 Feb 1805 in Barking, Essex.
(https://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=r_266513279&fulfillmentTypeKey=6982)

Offline KaeDee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 19 October 17 00:26 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the new information.

Interestingly all his three wivies have the name "Maria" - the Latin or Roman for "Mary".

Also noted Henry Tyser the alleged eldest child of the second wife is born in 1805.
More likely he belongs to the first wife Maria - there is not time for him to be conceived within the second marriage.
Dr Robert then remarries to give him a mother.

DeeDee
Kilgour - New Zealand
Colledge - New Zealand
Smith - Ararua, New Zeland
Craven - Nottingham & Calais, France - to New Zealand
Fletcher - Kent, England to Onehunga, New Zealand

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 19 October 17 09:13 BST (UK) »
Yes, sorry, I was careless.
Maria Ball married Robert Tyser on 8 February 1804; she was buried on 13 February 1805. I also assumed she must have died in childbirth, although there were plenty of other possible causes at that time, eg TB, but I haven't found any baby that fits (loads of other baby Tysers, but born to Robert's brothers/cousins around Barking).
RT then married Maria Walter on 5 October 1805.
The first son, Robert Walter Tyser, was born on 7 September 1806. Henry followed 22 March 1808, George 1810, John 1811, Louisa 1812, Maria 1816.
Mother Maria died 1817.
Yes Maria is pretty prevalent in the family. My guess is that it was probably pronounced Mar-eye-a (in my family of Protestants, that was how my aunt's name was used). My own name, Georgina, was also pronounced differently at that time.
Maria Walter's mother was also Maria: Anna Maria Walter nee Brasier.
I hope I've now got it all right. I have a tree on Ancestry co.uk btw.

Offline KaeDee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 22 October 17 05:31 BST (UK) »
Hello Hamburger,

Thanks you for the dates - it has pulled my records into shape.

As for Henry Tyser - I had his birth in 1805, in Barking Essex, and his baptism 6 May 1808, St George, Hanover Square, London. With his death in 1866.

Thanks for the correct birthdate - but who is this child called Henry Tyser born 1805, in Barking - poss. the missing baby to the first marriage?

I will try to send you a personal message

Kae Dee
Kilgour - New Zealand
Colledge - New Zealand
Smith - Ararua, New Zeland
Craven - Nottingham & Calais, France - to New Zealand
Fletcher - Kent, England to Onehunga, New Zealand

Offline hamburger

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Monday 23 October 17 21:53 BST (UK) »
Hi,
No Henry was born on 22 March 1808 and then christened 6 May at St George's, Hanover Square. You can see the original written church record in Ancestry.co.uk.  I have really searched and cannot find any other Henry born in 1805. Robert Tyser's brothers in Essex were also having children around that time, but none named Henry.
Thank you for your long private mail - I have terrible problems with my phone line and pc internet at the moment, but will reply in due course re Smiths.