Author Topic: Newry Newspapers 1872  (Read 14389 times)

Offline lynnettediaz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Newry Newspapers 1872
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 03:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Judy

Hopefully you are still around.  I would love to have the ancestral info you have on the Gordon family.
I see my previous posting is confusing.  First posting and really should have read it before sending.  The line goes - my great great grandfather was Thomas Shannon Gordon, his eldest son (my great grandfather) was James alexander Gordon (black Jim), my grandfather was Arthur Edward Gordon, my mum was Merle Diaz.  Any information you have would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Lynnette

Offline nannamilli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 08:49 BST (UK) »
Carawa,

Newry Newspapers are available via 'FindMyPast' website and can be downloaded.

My Ancestor - Thomas Caldwell  operated a Nursery on the Sheepbridge Estate, and  I have a copy of the Gordon Family History. It was written many years ago and may be inaccurate in some places.
If you want a copy you will have to contact me direct - (*)

Judy Leslie 

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy, to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline nannamilli

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 28 March 18 08:56 BST (UK) »
Lynnette,

I am still around - I am stumped as to how to get this info to you, I can suggest that you go to my website - www.ottaway.tribalpages.com and you will get redirected to me via this site and then I may be able to forward a copy of the Gordon Family History. Don't forget that I have no connection to the family itself, but my father was in contact with a Mary Gordon who grew up at Sheepbridge and it was her that forwarded the history on to him. Try this way.

Judy