Author Topic: Isle of Skye  (Read 42935 times)

Offline Boongie Pam

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Pa is Scottish, Ma is Welsh, Nose is Roamin'
    • View Profile
Re: Isle of Skye
« Reply #36 on: Sunday 21 January 07 22:27 GMT (UK) »
In 1841 there is an Andrew Moar born in 1820 in Scotland living in Westminister, Middlesex.
But he's a baker.  Living with other bakers at Galston Road.  CAn't seem to follow him through to 1851?

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~

Dumfrieshire: Fallen, Fallon, Carruthers, Scott, Farish, Aitchison, Green, Ryecroft, Thomson, Stewart
Midlothian: Linn/d, Aitken, Martin
North Wales: Robins(on), Hughes, Parry, Jones
Cumberland: Lowther, Young, Steward, Miller
Somerset: Palmer, Cork, Greedy, Clothier

Online intermittently!

Offline foggyjano

• RootsChat Senior
  • 5th Generation - Noah Thomas 1874
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 22 January 07 19:37 GMT (UK) »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

How over the moon am i?  I have come home from first day back in work ( been off six weeks, chest infection on top of my normal "illness") was so tired and sore but you have made me sooo Happy, Excited and Thrilled at your detective work.. wow... I wish you could see my face... 

I know this is deemed shouting but THANK YOU SO MUCH

What kind and clever rootchatters detectives you are... off to play with the info you have given me.

I have entered some in Ancestry and already the leaves are flashing at me!!!  There is a possible one world tree member with James Moar/Robet Moar down on their tree...hehehheeh but I dont transcribe to the world tree, hopefully they will contact me!

Thank you Thank you

Jan

Thomas
Pearson 
Schofield
Stanton
Davies
Wallwork
Winnard
Evans
Saunders
Berry

Welsh in laws
Smith in laws
Moar In Laws
Calverley In Laws
Bonds In Laws,

Offline Robert A

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 06:28 BST (UK) »
Dear All, looks like Robert Flint Moar was my Grandfather and his children were Jessie, Mary, Flint, Maggie and Hilda. He passed away around 1950, before I was born in 1952, at Marsland Street South, Cheetham Hill, near Salford, Manchester, shortly after my Grandmother Eliza passed away. I have'nt lived in England since 1985 and a lot of the family history got lost when people pass on without documenting the details. I have no knowledge of any earlier family tree details after my Grandparents and little knowledge of them on either side of the family. I will try and find out more and appreciate being copied on what is found.
Thanks and regards, Robert Rogers
PS Thanks to Jan, Hume and others, great information!