Author Topic: Lookup Please: Birth WILLS, John S. Sherborne c. 1835  (Read 3405 times)

Offline lynzdee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Lookup Please: Birth WILLS, John S. Sherborne c. 1835
« Reply #9 on: Monday 22 January 07 13:09 GMT (UK) »
Thank you both for the help and suggestion.  I have looked at the dorset opc but that was before I received help with Census records.  I shall have another looksee.

Regards.  Lindsay

Offline appletreecottage

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 23 April 18 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Lindsay
I know you were looking many years ago for references to John Steer Wills (accountant).  I believe he was my great, great, great, Grandfather.  I have in my possession a birth certificate for his Son, John Herbert Wills. John Herbert Wills  was born in 1867 in Kennington, London.  Is this the person you were looking for? 
Thanks
Sandra

Offline lynzdee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 08 June 18 18:44 BST (UK) »
Sandra.

Yes. My great grandfather was Charles David Wills.  I’ll have to check back on his father’s name....  My grandmother, his daughter, was Nellie Maud Wills.  He had married Helen Lucy Leggett, descended from Talbots and Leggetts of Rotherhithe, Surrey. 

I haven’t done much research for several years on the Wills family.... But it seems we are cousins!
Lynz

Offline lynzdee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 08 June 18 18:57 BST (UK) »
John Steer Wills is my gg grandfather. David Charles Wills, his son, is my great grandfather.  David Charles who was a cheesemonger died of pneumonia at the age of 39, in Camberwell, I think it was...  I’ll have to check, but I think that was in 1907.

Offline appletreecottage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 08 June 18 20:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Lynz
Well that would be great if we are!  I’ve obviously got a lot of investigating to do but you’ve given me names to go on which is good. You’ve clearly spent a lot of time on this over the years. It is fascinating but time consuming to say the least!
Anyway thanks for that and I guess over to me to do some work now!
Regards
Sandra

Offline lynzdee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 08 June 18 21:23 BST (UK) »
I went on the LDS site, familysearch.   There is a gedcom. Your ggg is two years older than my gg. They are brothers.

I was in contact several years back with descendants of their mother, Jane Way Woodford.  https://www.familysearch.org/tree/pedigree/landscape/L6HK-JHJ

I hope you can copy and past that link to open. If not, please pm me your email and I will send a screenshot.  Lynz

Offline appletreecottage

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Friday 08 June 18 22:07 BST (UK) »
Interesting. Will try that when I can. Thanks
Sandra