Author Topic: Chapman - South Aust  (Read 1283 times)

Offline cristobel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Chapman - South Aust
« on: Tuesday 23 January 07 08:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello

Is it possible please, to find if there were any children born in SA to John Alexander Chapman and Hilda (nee Osman).  They married in 1913.
Thank you in advance.

Cheers, Chris

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Chapman - South Aust
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 23 January 07 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Only the one Chris the year of the marriage.  :-\ No death SA to 1915

CHAPMAN Eric Herbert 30 Dec 1913 Parents John Alexander CHAPMAN and  Hilda OSMAN Unley Dist Ade 927 28

Cheers Kris  :)

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline cristobel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 January 07 09:32 GMT (UK) »
Kris
Thanks once again for your help.

Cheers, Chris

Offline twinkleberry

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 February 07 23:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ceebut

I saw your request regarding John Alexandere Chapman and Hilda Osman so I did some searching when I was in the South Australian State Libray yesterday.  The following is the very little that I managed to find:-

I could not find an arrival of a John Alexander Chapman in South Australian shipping records.

MARRIAGE

John Alexander aged 32 years, single, son of James Chapman married 22nd March 1913 to Hilda, aged 27 years, single, daughter of John James Osmon at residence of J.J. Osman, Wallaroo, District Daly reference book 254 page 854.

BIRTH. 

Only one child was born to John Alexander and Hilda.

Eric Herbert born 30th Decemebr 1913 in Unley, District Adelaide reference book 927 page 28

DEATH

Eric Herbert aged 11 months and 2 weeks of North Unley died 25th Decemebr 1914 at North Unley, son of John Alexander Chapman, District Adelaide reference book 389 agpe 468.

DEATHS.

1. John Alexander aged 76 years, married, of College Park died 8th November 1950 at Adelaide, District Adelaide reference book 761 page 6092 symbol 'H denoting John died in a hospital.

2. Hilda aged 75 years, of North Adelaide died 3rd January 1962 at North Adelaide District Adelaide, widow of John Alexander Chapman reference book 933 page 219 symbol 'H'

I hope the above is of some interest to you.

Regards

"Twinkleberry"
in the middle of an Australian drought.
Heather Hobbis 1949-2012

Offline cristobel

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 28 February 07 10:03 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Great to get all that information.  Thanks very much Twinkleberry.  I really appreciate you going to all that trouble.

I've been off air for ages.  I bought a new computer and almost at the same time hooked up to broadband which has just become available here in regional Aust.  I had some trouble because the modem died and I had to wait over 10 days for a technician to confirm that the modem was the trouble.  Grrrrrr.  Anyhow, all is well now and I'm loving having broadband. 

While I couldn't use the internet I took the chance to tidy up all my photos, notes and other bits & pieces etc and bring some type of order to the unruly mess that made up my family history files.
Mind you, its not finished, I've still got a  long way to go, but at least I've made some improvement.

Cheers from Chris - also in the middle of a drought in rural SA.