Author Topic: HERON of Northumberland 1650-1750  (Read 8693 times)

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: HERON of Northumberland 1650-1750
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 13:42 GMT (UK) »
Hi JenB thank you for that only we are no further forward as i can see but something might ;D turn up on Ralph married 1699 at Morpeth, wonder why his wifes name wasn`t on.  Any way at the moment i am trying to find out where the Dowey and Henderson are related as William Heron( On the same Heron family as above) he was born 1850 son of Thomas Heron and Isabella Elsdon, William married a Jane Henderson and on two of their birth certificates for two children the mothers name was Jane Dowey and on the third her name was Jane Henderson which is correct as William married Jane Henderson as i copied their marriage from parish registers quite a few years back then William and Jane and children went off to USA and in census a Mary Dowey mother in law appears in with them  :) i have had a lot of help from rootschat on  USA for my William and Jane Heron, has any body got any ideas where Dowey comes in as no one seems to know ???  Hope yopu don`t mind me putting that in.   gladys :) :)

Offline 2zpool

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Gladys,

Who was the informant for the children born with the mother's name as Jane Dowey?  and who on the one with Jane Henderson?

Janis
Co. Durham:  Hall, Snowdon, Makepeace, Barnfather, Barrass, Gray/Grey, Wilson, Carr, Cole, Richardson, Greener, Lamb
Northumberland:  Grey/Gray, Richardson, Barnfather, Heron, Redpath
------------------------------------------------------------------
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gladys1

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 17:39 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Janis, from this birth certificate 10th Dec 1879  Folly Blyth ,Elsdon Calvert , boy, father William Herron, Mother Jane  Herron formely Dowey,  Coal Miner.X the mark of Jane Herron Mother Folly Blyth.

29 June 1878 Folly Blyth, John, boy, Father William Heron, Mother Jane Heron formely Dowey,  Coal Miner, X the mark of Jane Heron Mother Folly Blyth.

17 Jan 1882 Cowpen Quay Cowpen U.S.D. William Heron, Boy, Father William Heron Mother Jane Heron formely Henderson,  Coal Miner, X the mark of Jane Heron Mother Cowpen Quay Cowpen.     Same Registra for all three.

Elsdon Calvert died 1880 Blyth.  Its a strange gan on isn`t it. Thanks Janis.
Gladys.  :)