Author Topic: 1871 census lookup please - Corbett  (Read 2005 times)

Offline holden

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1871 census lookup please - Corbett
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 07 June 07 17:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Never mind,it was worth a try! Best wishes, Holden

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Wulf60

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 11 December 16 15:14 GMT (UK) »
Funny your CORBETTs had Biblical names. My 3 x gt grandfather, Thomas CORBETT who was born in Wellington c1793 named his children Jeshurun (Jesse), Jane Naomi, Ruth and Hannah.

Jeshurun was my 2 x gt grandfather.

I would love to here some more about your CORBETTs.

Regards
Dee

Dear Dee,

We appear to be 4th cousins! Thomas Corbett is my great great great grandfather also but it is through his daughter Ruth that I am descended. Do you have any information about Thomas's ancestry as I am struggling a bit in taking it further back than him? :)

Regards

Wulf

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline deed

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Saturday 17 December 16 22:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Wulf

Our 3 x great grandfather Thomas CORBET was married 4 times and Jeshurun and Ruth were from his first marriage to Elizabeth. No marriage found yet though, although I have found a baptism for Thomas in the IGI for 27 Jan 1793 at Wellington, Shropshire, son of John CORBET and Mary ONIONS and which I believe to be correct. This was also given to me by the CORBET Onename Study Group.

John CORBET and Mary ONIONS were married in Wellington on 2 Aug 1773. (Source FindMyPast Archive reference P291/A/3/2)

John was the son of Robert CORBET and Mary WYNNE, bapt 3 May 1751 at Wellington. They married 23 Jan 1741 at All Saints, Wellington (source FindMyPast Archive reference P291/A/1/2).

I believe that Robert may have been the son of William CORBET and Eliza ONIONS, bapt 6 Mar 1719, Wellington but have yet to verify this.

Hope this helps.

Merry Christmas  :)

Dee
Researching:CORBETT, ELLIOTT, CONELEY, COLEMAN, DITCHER, DAVIES, CAMPBELL, DUNN, TERNENT, SIMPSON, SCOTT, HARDING, HESLOP, WOODCOCK to name a few.