Author Topic: *** How to use this Board ***  (Read 13504 times)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
*** How to use this Board ***
« on: Sunday 29 February 04 01:02 GMT (UK) »
To make an offer:

If you are planning a trip to a local library , family history centre or a Records Office,  and you are willing to lookup a few extra records while you are there,  start a new thread,  with a title along the lines of :

Preston Central Library - 4th March.

In the message body you could put something like:

Hiya, I'm going to Preston Central Library and am willing to look up a couple of names for people on 4th  March.

To respond to an offer:

Reply to the appropriate message,  but please,  only ask for a maximum of 3 records,  provide full information - don't ask for extended searches,  and first check that the information you request is available at that location.

Please note: When a reply is made to a thread and you have asked to be notified of replies you are notified of all replies.  Therefore you will be notified whether the reply is for your request or not.  The notification relates to the original message(the offer),  not to individual requests.

Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.