Author Topic: Robert Bell  (Read 17473 times)

Offline phrishy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Bell
« Reply #27 on: Friday 23 February 07 09:03 GMT (UK) »
I suspect that this is George in 1891 then,

39 Schoolcroft, Middlesbrough
The family is Margaret Cook and her children
A very feint image but I'm assuming that George Bell who is living there is a lodger/boarder, he's single and aged 38, general labourer, born Cumberland possibly Carlisle, again the word isn't clear.
RG12; Piece: 4008; Folio 9; Page 11

Offline ainsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 23 February 07 09:07 GMT (UK) »
Hi Phrishy & Geoff,

Thanx once again for your help with this unfortunately I dont have access to that particular record on the '71 census, so I couldnt of checked it out myself.
As for the birth and death of David I'd already looked those up myself this morning, but I have Davids age as 17 at time of death & that would tie in with his age according to the '81 census
I'm going into town this afternoon so if I have time might check out the death record for it may help solve this

Thanx Ainsley :)

Offline ainsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 23 February 07 09:12 GMT (UK) »
Just had a look at the '91 image, think you could be right Phrishy definately looks like him

Offline phrishy

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Friday 23 February 07 09:14 GMT (UK) »
Ooops, I think that was my fat fingered typing, yes 17 is right.

Offline ainsley

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Sunday 13 May 07 16:05 BST (UK) »
Just an update on this family,
                  Robert's First wife was Elizabeth Clarke and they married in Middlesbrough in 1873, they had 1 child together Margaret Ann d o b 07/11/1874 died 1876. In between the birth & death of this child Robert married Elizabeth Laing and went on to have 11 children with her. The poor woman must have been exhausted, they had thier 1st child in 1875 and the last 1 in 1896. For the 1st 21 yrs of thier marriage she spent it pregnant, my heart goes out to her.
                    Robert Died in 1930 in Middlesbrough & Elizabeth in 1937 in Middlesbrough in the same house that my father was born in.

Thanx Ainsley :)