Author Topic: Blank/Plank Orkney  (Read 8123 times)

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Blank/Plank Orkney
« on: Monday 22 November 04 11:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi, l am researching Jacob Plank and Sophia Tiedich. Was there a 1851 census? On the 1861 census they had children but l have been unable to find any marriage details for them. Does anyone have any suggestions PLEASE. Thanks
Carol.
Ellis, Blanck, Planck, Cody, Moloney/ Maloney, Wren, Gray, Clouston, Whelan, Alford, Anderson, Pringle.

Area's: Yorkshire, County Clare, Scotland, Germany.

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Blank/Plank Orkney
« Reply #1 on: Monday 27 December 04 17:01 GMT (UK) »
hi cas, i had a look on family search and the name is sophia tuddish not tiedich, it states her husband as jacob plank, but no marriage date, their son jacob jnr was born 14/05/1856 on westray orkney, sorry i can't give you the info you need, have you looked on scotlands people website, you have to pay per view, but i got loads of my relies from there.

moira
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 07 January 05 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi Moira, sorry it has taken so long to reply, l have been away. anyway thanks for answering, l had no idea it was tuddish. Can you give me the site address for the scotlands people website you mentioned. thanks again.
Carol.
Ellis, Blanck, Planck, Cody, Moloney/ Maloney, Wren, Gray, Clouston, Whelan, Alford, Anderson, Pringle.

Offline moiramount

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 07 January 05 23:42 GMT (UK) »
hi cas, the address is  www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk   you can download actual copies of census & birth, death & marriage certs, the scottish certs give you parents, where they were born, date of marriage ect, alot more info than our certs. It costs £6 for 30 credits, some views are 1 credit & some are 5 credits, but it is worth while, also check on morman pages family search as i got alot of my orkney relatives from there way back to 1749 + all there families. Good luck.

moira
mounts/kent
rice/boteler-west ham essex
grigor/sutherland/davidson-scotland
widdowson-derbyshire/yorkshire

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 09 January 05 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Moira, wish me luck !!
Bye Carol.

Offline Laurina

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 20 March 06 00:02 GMT (UK) »
Did you ever find this family? I found them in 1861-1901 ~ Jacob seems to have remarried between 1871 and 1881.

Laurina
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 30 April 06 08:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Laurina, so sorry for not replying sooner but l have just about given up. l have had no luck. I was aware that he remarried, but not finding any info of his birth details or his first wife l have lost all interest.  That brick wall is a pain.
Carol. 

Offline airdlass

• RootsChat Extra
  • Home
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 01 May 06 00:10 BST (UK) »
Hi there
Don't know if you already have this info but Jacob Plank died at Shingle Brae Westray on 7th April 1901 - his parents weren't listed.
Sophia Plank nee Teddish died 6 th July 1879 at Shingle Brae Westray. Her parents are listed as John Teddish and Louisa Teddish nee Smith.
Jacob married for a second time to Marjory/May Stout in 1880 in /westray'
Hope this helps.
They are also listed on the following website - http://tilley.dynodns.net:8000/
Mackay,Manson,Morrison - Tongue,Skerray,Farr
Morrison,Mackay,Falconer,MacAskill- Eddrachillis
Bain,Henderson,Levack,Gunn,Sinclair - Caithness
Hourston,Spence,Whitelaw,Banks,Brown,Wylie,Louttit,Drever - Orkney
and a few more - Revolta,Jobson,Spendlove

Offline caza

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 01 May 06 07:02 BST (UK) »
Hi, thanks heaps for your interest and info. I was lead to believe that Sophia's name was actually Tedeschi some time after initially posting this and that has been my main focus, needless to say with no results. Now with your help and Laurina's l may be in luck. Thanks very much both of you.
Carol.