Author Topic: 1858 Thompson  (Read 2822 times)

Offline Anthony Daly

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
1858 Thompson
« on: Friday 09 February 07 13:47 GMT (UK) »

The photograph is of  mother Lydia Rose Child  born 1912 Chatham Kent   
I am  seeking any information on her maternal Grandfather  Edward Thompson who married Charlotte .......... in 1858 He was born in Ireland

Peduyim  :)

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
Re: 1858 Thompson
« Reply #1 on: Friday 09 February 07 15:22 GMT (UK) »
Lovely photo

Could have done with a little more information, have had to work backwards but assuming you have done more... found a marriage for Frank Alexander Child to Lydia Thompson in Dec 1909 so it's her parents... found Lydia living with Edward & Charlotte in 1901 then found them in 1891 census - Edward born 1858 and having initials A.H. -  so the marriage would be between 1881-1891?  Have you already got all these details?

There's a marriage in Mar Qu 1881 Milton 2a 1012 for Edward Alexander H Thompson and Charlotte Johnson

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Ecneps

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Rosalie Mathilda Jönsson 1916-1999
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 09 February 07 15:30 GMT (UK) »
The 1881 census shows Edward was born in Belfast.  The marriage cert should show you his father's name to help you get further back.

Barbara
`There are two lasting bequests we can give our children -  One is roots - the other is wings`- Hodding Carter

Census and bmd information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Lincs & Yorks - SIVILLS PREDGEN    Norfolk - EBBS WHITEROD ZIPFELL       Sweden - JÖNSSON CRONBERG ANDERSSON      Yorks - SPENCE HIDE HIRD      Durham - DALKIN SELBY RENWICK

Offline Anthony Daly

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 29 June 07 15:53 BST (UK) »
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for your help!! 
 So sorry for the delay I got distracted  I went to Ireland in April and traced my family back  to Patrick  Daly 1747.

Then my mother Lydia Child on my grandfathers side back to James Child 
b 1797  serving in Royal Navy aboard the Dreadnaught in Battle of Trafalgar.

Exciting and interesting  . So now back to the Thompson's I will now apply for marriage certificate.

Post up  any success

Many thanks  Anthony

Offline mossy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 30 June 07 11:11 BST (UK) »
Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.