Author Topic: Death in Victoria 1902 - Kemp  (Read 2758 times)

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Death in Victoria 1902 - Kemp
« Reply #18 on: Monday 12 February 07 12:05 GMT (UK) »
Just found an interesting death in NSW

7440/1910  KEMP  SAMUEL  SAMUEL  ELSPETH  WARATAH     Huh  Huh

What do you think?

ahhhhhh  ::)

No age given?

"My" Elspeth had a maiden name of Kemp - so she shouldn't have had a husband as a Kemp but.........

If it was her son she might have made up the father's name!

I'm glad you get in a mess with initials and names - what do you think I do!!  :o ;D

Bathurst - near Sydney?

Keith

Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 12 February 07 12:25 GMT (UK) »
Bathurst - near Sydney

I think its a few hundred Ks to the NW

Try the trip planner
http://www.racq.com.au/cps/rde/xchg/racq_cms_production/hs.xsl/trip_planner_ENA_HTML.htm

202.68kms - mainly west

Ages aren't given on the NSW BDM index
http://www.bdm.nsw.gov.au/cgi-bin/Index/IndexingOrder.cgi/search?event=births

Samuel may have made up his own Dad's name - wonder who was the informant on his death? (well - on the one in NSW)

I think the other one is Bath, Somerset - Jenn is being a s.a. (but I didn't say that  ;D  ;D )

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 12 February 07 14:08 GMT (UK) »
Ages aren't given on the NSW BDM index

Well you learn something new every day  ;D ;D ;D

I have YET to find one of my lot from NSW!!  ;)

I thought every Oz record came with a life history as well!  :o :o

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 12 February 07 21:28 GMT (UK) »
what about  the  queensland connection,  is  it possible  that  this  is another lassie  who  could have  taken  her child  and  headed of  the  barnsley/gates connection  in  the north?

I checked  the  NSW  BDMs  and  couldn't  find elspeth  death  going  on  what  we  know

regards jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 12 February 07 21:53 GMT (UK) »

I thought every Oz record came with a life history as well!  :o :o

If you pay the big money  ;D  ;D  (and buy the certificate) you get the lot - otherwise - it's mainly Victoria that gives age at death on the Index - not there in Qld either

Trish

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 12 February 07 22:40 GMT (UK) »
If you pay the big money

Be still my beating heart  :o :o :o

Now, are my newly found relations worth spending money on them ::) ::)

Think I will get all the information I can (free!) - and then see which certificate would give me the most extra data! ;)

The "trouble" is you lot have found sooooo many new relations of mine - I keep looking and seeing - oops I only have their birth details down!!  ;D

Yes - Jenn - not thought about "others" crossing the borders into Queensland - another new line of inquiry for me.

Cheers

Keith

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 12 February 07 23:24 GMT (UK) »
Think I will get all the information I can (free!) - and then see which certificate would give me the most extra data!

Couldn't have said it better if I wrote it myself   ;D

I usually only buy certificates for my direct lines (and not always then). In days of yore, my parents bought quite a few (no internet assistance  :( ) so I regularily send a little prayer of thanks  :)

The main certificates I do buy are death ones (very different to England/Wales) as they have so much information & can help in finding recent family, where the crazy "privacy" laws give no BDM access. For immigrants marriage certs are often very useful as they can give place of birth (often only county  :( ) and parents.

I haven't recovered from paying over $30 to the Northern Territory to receive a certificate which said "There is no sign of this person in our records". What a waste of my money & their time - bureaucracy in its most perfect form - from a territory which my taxes support to the hilt!

Trish

Offline Keith Bateman

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 12 February 07 23:34 GMT (UK) »
bureaucracy in its most perfect form - from a territory which my taxes support to the hilt!
Trish

Now it is not often that I have asked a politician for help (never before in fact!!)
My Website!!

You never know!!  :o

Keith

P.S.
Thanks for the advice on which certificates to get - I have been sent one from Oz (a Bateman - but not mine at the moment!) - they have living children, dead ones - which drink they like  ::) - everything!!  ;D

Has Bouncing Emails