Author Topic: Wm McCONNELL Mary Jane BLAIR Lurgan  (Read 4237 times)

Offline Janoz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Wm McCONNELL Mary Jane BLAIR Lurgan
« on: Tuesday 13 February 07 06:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I'm looking for the parents of William McCONNELL or his wife Mary Jane BLAIR  who lived in Bones Lane, Lurgan circa 1860.

Sons William, Edward and Christy (Christopher?) emmigrated individually to New Zealand as very young men.  Their brother Thomas remained behind in Lurgan.

Any help, hints or family connections gratefully received.
Cheers
Anita
NELMES: GLS, LAN, UK, India, NSW Australia, New Zealand, Canada
NELMS: Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia, Florida
TYLER: LIN, CAM, LND, MDX, SRY, Australia, New Zealand,  Canada.
ENSOR - ENSON: STS UK, New Zealand
McCONNELL: Lurgan ARM NIR, NZ, NSW
WARNER and BROWN: Slimbridge GLS
COTTON & BURBURY: UK, India, New Zealand
MARSH: Manchester LAN

Offline RosemaryJoan

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wm McCONNELL Mary Jane BLAIR Lurgan
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 01 March 07 15:42 GMT (UK) »
This marriage is interesting - William McConnell to Mary Jane BLANE (missread by transcriber?)  10 March 1854 in Newmills Presbyterian Church, Tullylish, Lurgan, Co.Down.  This is from Emerald Ancestors.  If you think this might be your people it worth getting the marriage details  from Family Ulster at £3.50.  Rosemary
Cully, Bannister, McConnell, Wallace (Co. Armagh)  Anderson, Ross (Co. Antrim), Gray, Truesdale (Co. Down)
McCormick (Killyleagh and finally Belfast)

Offline Tees

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 10 March 07 13:33 GMT (UK) »
Hi Anita,

Or you can use the details as given to you by Rosemary and order the photocopy of the marriage entry from the GRO in Ireland for only 6 euros.

Here's the website where you can get application form:

www.groireland.ie

Cheers,

Tees

Offline passat06

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 November 11 16:09 GMT (UK) »
Anita,

Your post is interesting to me.  I am fairly sure that your address "Bones Lane" is in fact Bowens Lane.  The Bowen family are shown as living in a first class house in Tiersogue at the end of Bowens Lane in the 1901 census.
My g g grandfather was William McConnell born in 1799 in Lurgan, occupation- a weaver.  One of my Uncles did a family tree and got back as far as William.
William married but I don't have his wife's details or how many children they had.  (I assume that the family were Methodists as my g Grandfather was Methodist.)
William had a son John McConnell (1834-1902) my g grandfather and he also lived in Lurgan in a townland called Tiersogue at the end of Bowens Lane, off the Banbridge Road.  (You can see it on Google) John Married Anne George, whose family also lived on Bowens Lane in 1858.
Could it be that your William McConnell who married Mary Jane Blair was in fact a brother of  my g grandfather John McConnell (1834-1902)?
If so their father was William McConnell and according to my records he died in Lurgan 1967.
If you have any record of your William McConnell's siblings that would be interesting.

Offline Paulaaussie

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 01 April 18 13:41 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone, I'm interested as well as in one of our ancestors wills a William McConnell was the executor/beneficiary of my g g g g grandfather when he died in May 1894.  Thomas's Hanna was also located at Tiersogue/Tirsogue so would be intrigued to hear if this maybe a connection with us as well.

Thanks

Offline KatC

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 01 April 18 17:16 BST (UK) »
NewMills marriage record transcription
10 march   1854   william mcconnell   full age   b   farmer   terrasoa   edward McConnell   farmer   mary jane blane   full age   b/dougan      james blane   farmer

Never heard of Terrasoa, must be Tiersogue