Author Topic: The Gilogley Family  (Read 18362 times)

Offline johng1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: The Gilogley Family
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 03 June 10 13:50 BST (UK) »
hi ihave traced the  gillogley [gallogley]james gallogley /alice martin decendants right to coatbridge if this is same family   john

Offline justmemc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 11 March 11 09:12 GMT (UK) »
i'm a direct dicentant of owen gilogly b.1793 (married hannah mcquade). son terence gilogly (later gilogley when emigrated to scotland) 1816-1878 (married ann colton 1821-1894)
i've been off line for a while (life and other stuff) but i've updated my files and am all set to answer any questions i can and learn as much as i can about my lost and extended lines. i currently have 1786 peolple on my family tree (which includes branches and connection)

NB: heather f. if you are still on line my email is still the same
i have located my "family bible" and have transcribed it again

mary
australia

Offline johng1

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 05 July 12 16:16 BST (UK) »
hi my ancestors spelt there name gallogley they lived in the renfrewshire area 1861on some records its gilogley james married alice martin in ireland could they be conected to your side

Offline jlmt

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 18:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary in Australia,
I’m so glad to see you’re back online. I too have taken a bit of a break from genealogy hunting.

I would love a copy of your “family bible.” Thanks to the info. I’ve found online, I’ve learned that I’m also a descendant of Owen Gilogly and Hannah McQuade, via their son Terence Gilogly and his wife Ann Colton. Their daughter, Hannah Gilogly married my great, great grandfather, Patrick Malley. I’m happy to share my information about our branch with you also.

My email is (*)

Thank you so much,
Janet Mailley Todd
Michigan, USA

Online MonicaL

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Girl with firewood, Morar 1910 - MEM Donaldson
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 29 May 13 20:21 BST (UK) »
Hi Janet

Welcome to RootsChat  :)

I have taken off your personal email from your post as this can't be quoted here on RC. To protect everyone from any online abuses, please use the Personal Message service (PMs) to exchange personal details such as emails.

Just click on the small letter button under someone's avatar on the l/h side and it will take you straight through to that area of RC.

Monica
Census information Crown Copyright, www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline justmemc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 19 July 13 01:47 BST (UK) »
My Surname was Kirk

I think my records of your family are a little mixed up. I have :
Joseph M: Margaret McQueen their daughter Jean M: John (Jack Milton) and had three sons
Ian, Josheph and Robert

Ann Hamilton did a ton of research but I blv all starts with

Owen Gilogly B.1793, Nth Ireland. M: 1815 (at the moment I don't know where I got that date)  Hannah McQuade.
Per Anne Hamilton's notes
She was a dairymaid
When the family imigrated to Scotland the "e" was added to the spelling His farm was arable (29 acres) from Tythe Record. (Info orig. from Ann)  1815 when her married he was age 22

Somewhere in my file BOX Gilogley I have a Hugh (Poss. brother to Terence )
Terence- Per Anne Hamilton
Born 1816 at the farm in Donaghmore (Parish Register)
....The historian at Public Records, Belfast, came up with the most likely explanation. Because of the father's name, it is certain there was an older brother, as all first sons were called the same as their fathers, in this case Owen. So Terence was a younger Son.................The majority of the Irish immigrated to America.......

Moved to Scotland in 1850
Residence at death # 6 North Croft Paisley (??states age 45)
As I will now be away for 10 days I will have to look when I return. You are welcome to any info I have.

Pam in England descends from Mary Jane Gilogley daughter of Terence G. and Ann Colton

Heather
Hi Heather, I'm back on the family tree and keen to start up again. I had a couple of computer crashes and misplaced the original family tree "bible" (hahaha) but I've recently managed to corolate it all again. I have also expanded greatly on the original research..
Hope you and Al are keeping well  :)

Offline justmemc

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Friday 19 July 13 01:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Mary in Australia,
I’m so glad to see you’re back online. I too have taken a bit of a break from genealogy hunting.

I would love a copy of your “family bible.” Thanks to the info. I’ve found online, I’ve learned that I’m also a descendant of Owen Gilogly and Hannah McQuade, via their son Terence Gilogly and his wife Ann Colton. Their daughter, Hannah Gilogly married my great, great grandfather, Patrick Malley. I’m happy to share my information about our branch with you also.

My email is (*)

Thank you so much,
Janet Mailley Todd
Michigan, USA
Hi Janet
I had a couple of computer crashes and misplaced some original documents (now found) and clever hubbie was able to retrieve the lost computer stuff.
I've sent you an email direct
Cheers
Mary

Offline milto1384

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Monday 29 July 13 12:55 BST (UK) »
Hi guys,

I too have been offline for a while- now have a wee boy and he takes up all my time! Mary- I was hoping if you had time if you could send me any info you have to link up the families. You're more than welcome to any info I have but I feel most of it is already on the previous posts!!

Alan

Offline Stephanie Gilogley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Monday 20 February 17 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Just recently started doing my family tree for my father's side ( Gilogley ) and seen a few posts from people also researching my family name.

As I said I have just started doing research over the past few days and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share the info they have gathered with me please as it would really help me progress my research.

Thanks