Author Topic: I would like to hear from you if you have anything on the following names...  (Read 50133 times)

Offline Marton

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to hear from you if you have anything on the following names...
« Reply #27 on: Friday 30 December 05 16:39 GMT (UK) »
In which parish are you searching for PEARCE?

Marton

Offline ard

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: I would like to hear from you if you have anything on the following names...
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 07 February 06 22:30 GMT (UK) »
There is a Harding-Bowden marriage in my database, though it might be in Devon. I have Ann HARDING from Buckland Brewer (Dev) married to a Jeremiah BOWDEN in 1821; also in Buckland Brewer. However my Harding went to from there to Cornwall, so you never know.
ard
CNL.DVN:Knight;Jenkins;Bray;Harvey;West;Judd;Menhinnit;Griffin;Harding;Williams;Goman;Cock;Leach;Martin;Hewett.*KNT:Foster;Piper.*ESSX:Smith;Baker;Hawkins;Everitt;Spurgeon;Wellens. *MDX:Gruber;Shortland;Dukes;Cooper;Appelton;Watts;Hooper;Neale;Ricketts.*LCN:Burton;Blackburn;Walters;*SCOT:Blair;Dick;Stevenson;Williamson;Halliday;;Gilchrist;Leggat;Davies;Frew;Pollock;Richmond;Houston;McLachlan,Gemmel/Giemle,Clerk*NI:Ferguson;Boyd.*DEU:Gruber,Henne,Hohln(Württemberg)Hoffmann(Birkenfeld)

Offline telephonist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 09 March 06 04:00 GMT (UK) »
Do you have any relatives by the name of Edward Hall in your list possibly a middle name of Waters?
He came out to New Zealand in the mid 1800's and was married in Hokitika in 1877 to a Mary McCarthy. A long shot I know and I know nothing else of him.
Thanks
Hall -Devon,
Atkinson-Gateshead Durham.
Weir - Swansea
Sumner - Warwickshire
Morrall - Warwickshire
Hill -Cornwall, Australia and NZ
Penhallurick - Cornwall and Australia
McNally - Ireland and UK
Tooze - Devon

Offline Bill749

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • over 70 and still wearin' genes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 03 May 06 19:05 BST (UK) »
Hi

What is your SPARNON connection?  I have a lot of information on this family and can put you in touch with the people coordinating the research - this is a single, world-wide family; every one of them appears to be related!

Send me a P.M. with your info and I will pass it on to the relevant people.

Regards,
Bill
Banks, Beer, Bowes, Castle, Cloak, Coachworth, Dixon, Farr, Golder, Graves, Hicks, Hogbin, Holmans, Marsh, Mummery, Nutting, Pierce, Rouse, Sawyer, Sharp, Snell, Willis: mostly in East Kent.
Ey, Sawyer: London
Evans: Ystradgynlais, Wales
Snell: Snettisham, Norfolk
Knight, Burgess, Ellis: Hampshire
Purdy: Ireland/Canada/Durham/Pennsylvania
McCann: Ireland
Morrow: Pennsylvania
Sparnon: any
Beers, Heath, Conyers, Miller, Russell, Larson, Clark, Sibert, Hopper, Reinhart: USA

Offline cristobel

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 04 May 06 14:03 BST (UK) »
Hello
I've got Richards family from St Ives, Cornwall.

You can PM me if you would like the details.

Cheers, C

Offline deb usa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 05 May 06 18:43 BST (UK) »
Hi
I have a Harriet James marrying John Penfold in 1831 in Dorset...they has lots of kids who married into the Orchard family.ie: elizabeth Penfold b.1845 married Edwin Orchard b.1843. My gggrandparents were Thomas Penfold and Sophia Orchard...married in 1866 in Devon, they had a number of children too and they all seemed to end up in the Kenwyn and St Austell areas.
The Penfolds and Orchards were all Gypsy travellers and  it seems as if they intermarried quite a lot .
I hope you can find a link.
Look forward to hearing from you
deb
Travellers = Penfold, Orchard, James
Devon = Middleton,  Waterfield, Adams, Clark/e, Gould
Cornwall = Palmer, Carnarton, Slack/Smith. Morris/h
Wales, New Quay = James, Evans

All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline allycat

• RootsChat Veteran
  • The Cantwell Knights of Strongbow 1170
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 07 May 06 21:06 BST (UK) »
Regarding researching Cornwall names has everybody tried looking at the Devon GenWeb - Part of the England GenWeb Project?  I have found some of my Cornwall names in there.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~engdev/surnames.html

Allycat.
Abrams, Amor, Attwood, Bancroft, Bragier, Brennan, Bryant, Buchan, Cantwell, Cruse, Commins, Cullum, Debus, Denner, Dinner, DuCroix, Flanze, Gilkes, Greaves, Guthiel, Hansford, Hayes, Hokaanga, Homewood, Hoy, Inns, Jahn, King, Knee, Marriner, May, McCarron, McCavel, McCrohon, McFarlane, Merry, Milne, Montgomery, Most, Mott, Orth, Parker, Pine, Roads, Rueping, Sear, Siegner, Stanaway, Voss, Weber, Wheeler, Whitehall, Woodcock

Offline samhuzz

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Sunday 16 July 06 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hello

I have Pollards and Rowe (Rowse) families in my tree. They all come from Roche and St Neot. Please PM me if you think some of them are yours.

Samantha ;)
Towers Leicestershire
Pollard Cornwall
Willoughby Oxfordshire
Whatton Staffordshire/Leicestershire
Knifton Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire
Burke Galway
Moran Galway
Tuohy Galway
Costello Galway

Offline Shugh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Thursday 20 July 06 19:10 BST (UK) »
I'm new at this, but am back to the mid-1800's with the Hugh family.  You could send me a private message to see if it is the right branch.
My email address is no longer working sorry
Hugh