Author Topic: William James Bryden - Dumfries  (Read 12088 times)

Offline DLG

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William James Bryden - Dumfries
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 10 March 11 22:10 GMT (UK) »
I have Hastings, Munsie and Hill info...  Dianne

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline DIAshurst

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: William James Bryden - Dumfries
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 10 January 18 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ron et al.

I too am interested in the Hairstones of Thornhill as they feature in my research. 

I have a Jannet Hairstones b1801marrying William Bryden b1800 on the 26/07/1822 in Morton by Thornhill.  One of their children, Charles b1831 d1903, is my GGGrandfather.

I can find Jannet in the 1841 census at Thornhill West Side Of South Drumlanrig Street with her children, however William is not shown on that record, nor can I find a record of his death.  He is shown on Charles's marriage certificate as 'deceased' in 1858.  Charles at this time lived in Egremont, Cumbria.

I've attached a screen shot of my tree if it helps.  Any feedback on either Jannet or William would be greatly appreciated

David

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.